Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Should abandoned stores be deleted?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Delete abandoned stores

54 73.97%
  • Leave them but "lock: their listings

19 26.03%
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: They are really hurting us!

I haven't read all six pages so it might have been said already but....

one of the sites I am on uses the following....

If you have not logged on in two months they remove ALL your listings to the unsold folder, and send you an email saying that they are sorry you have not logged on and that they hope you are alright... they then go on to say that due to you not logging on they have closed your listings, placed them into your unsold folder and that they will be there when you log back in again, ready for you to relist them again.

that strikes me as a polite and fair system that does away with any "dump and run" sellers, and it means that a buyer can be sure that 99% of the listings will be acted on when sold.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Now THAT is a good way to do it. You never know when something unfortunate will strike, and your online sales might be the last thing on your mind for a few months. Or you trip off to Tahiti for six months to a deserted island without internet and forgot to put your items on hold.................................One stock photo site I'm on sends reminder emails every month or so, and you click it and it confirms you are still paying attention. But I DO REALLY like the idea of the UNSOLD or ON HOLD folder so that someone's perhaps Herculean amount of time and effort listing wouldn't be lost........
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post

If you have not logged on in two months they remove ALL your listings to the unsold folder, and send you an email saying that they are sorry you have not logged on and that they hope you are alright... they then go on to say that due to you not logging on they have closed your listings, placed them into your unsold folder and that they will be there when you log back in again, ready for you to relist them again.

that strikes me as a polite and fair system that does away with any "dump and run" sellers, and it means that a buyer can be sure that 99% of the listings will be acted on when sold.
    Sounds like a fantastic solution!

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post

That is the sensible way of doing it.

I doubt very much that my family will even think of ending my auctions if something happened to me and I passed onto the next world.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Would it be simpler to get rid of the run till solds?.As it is you can use relist 10 times for 30 days a time,if it hasn't gone by then it probably is never going to.

This is something that really needs to be addressed. In reading thru the forums there have been a lot of people that have had really bad experiences with absentee sellers. Those are the ones that take the time to complain.

Since there is no advertising we don't need people telling their friends and family what a deadbeat site eBid is. We depend on the good experiences of buyers to grow.

I made my one purchase on eBid from a buyer on vacation. As long as I knew when she was going to come back I didn't mind the wait.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    would it be simpler to get rid of the run till solds?......
    Name:  worms.gif
Views: 71
Size:  28.9 KB:d

Love the worms! Time to go fishing!

I am sure this does not have a simple soultion. I am also sure that there are a lot of really smart people out there that can find a solution. We need to grow and not get a bad reputation because of absentee sellers.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    Would it be simpler to get rid of the run till solds?.As it is you can use relist 10 times for 30 days a time,if it hasn't gone by then it probably is never going to.
    It might be simpler, but it wouldn't be better. Every time this comes up (and ye gods, it gives a tart's knickers a run for their money) somebody says "scrap run till sold" and somebody else says, quite rightly, that good legitimate sellers use run till sold in a perfectly sensible manner and why punish them by making their lives more difficult. Plenty of good sellers rely on run till sold to keep large inventories manageable. So don't look for a *simple* solution to the detriment of the site, look for a *good* solution - such as the closing of inactive listings. There have been many excellent strategies put forward in previous discussions of this problem - ebid don't need more ideas, they're ignoring the good ones they've already been given. By which we can assume that they have no desire to solve the problem at present.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    It might be simpler, but it wouldn't be better. Every time this comes up (and ye gods, it gives a tart's knickers a run for their money) somebody says "scrap run till sold" and somebody else says, quite rightly, that good legitimate sellers use run till sold in a perfectly sensible manner and why punish them by making their lives more difficult. Plenty of good sellers rely on run till sold to keep large inventories manageable. So don't look for a *simple* solution to the detriment of the site, look for a *good* solution - such as the closing of inactive listings. There have been many excellent strategies put forward in previous discussions of this problem - ebid don't need more ideas, they're ignoring the good ones they've already been given. By which we can assume that they have no desire to solve the problem at present.
    Has anyone ever asked why this issue is not addressed?

My clothing store is 14th on the list. Above me 2 stores have not been visited for 1 month--1 store 3 month and 1 store 9 months. All of them are run until sold. 2 of them have duplicate listings.

It will not make much of a difference in my sales because of what I sell but those coming along behind me that are working hard to build a business do deserve better placement on the list.

The other thing that is apparent is that adherring to lising catagories does not seem to be addressed either. Most of these stores have a mish mash of listings. If I am selling clothes I do not think I should be competing with comic books etc.

Thread Information