Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Should abandoned stores be deleted?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Delete abandoned stores

54 73.97%
  • Leave them but "lock: their listings

19 26.03%
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: They are really hurting us!

Quote Originally Posted by stylusman View Post
    If they gave me free seller + for life once a month i dont mind going through and making list of all the unused accounts from a set timeframe for them. Worth a try never know my luck then all they would have to do is delete them or put them on hold
    I do it already. If I'm interested in an item and ask seller a question and never get a response, I report seller to admin. This works quite well with 'dead-beat' sellers. But I'm a regular on ebid. A potential new customer will not go through the hassle of reporting seller, will more than likely get frustrated, and never visit ebid again.

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

bykimbo,

when I was looking for a new place to post, I wanted one that I perceived to be successful-that's where the numbers come in. I didn't even consider some of the sites that have a low number of listings.(I used the power sellers list)

I realize now that numbers don't mean everything. But, I still think it's human nature to want to go with the sites with the bigger numbers. It at least give the illusion it's the most successful.

I agree with you that fewer stores with quality dealers would be wonderful but would new members be atrracted by small numbers?
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

ugh, I have to go to work-am enjoying this discussion.

But, more than that, I'm hoping we can put our heads together and come up with a solution that maybe the administration could use or at least modify.
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

get rid of the dead wood .... they reckon there is almost 750,000 members ??? .. but what use is this info if 250,000 are no longer active ...or another way to look at it is ....750,000 listings , but ... 250,000 are no longer available .....this is not good for the site , not good for active members , and certainly not good for any potential ... NEW MEMBERS...so with slight apologies to eBid , it really is time that old , abandoned listings were removed , and the sooner the better......in my opinion , if the numbers just do not stack up , the site will never get the trade it deserves , or is it ???.........papa.

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    And when ebid does massive takedowns of these listings, members complain when our totals drop.

I say lock up the listings by putting them on hold. Let them show, but don't allow anyone to buy. That way no one is fooled, no one loses money, and when the person comes back they have to ask to get ebid to unlock the listings. They can then be told that many wanted to buy but the shop looked abandoned so ebid went and locked the door.

Many ebidders are coming back. Makes it easy for them to get serious again if we don't delete all their listings.
    That actually makes a lot of sense. I am sure that under the climate on the other side we will be getting more and more of their sellers.

You are so smart!!! Granny

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post
    I agree.
    Some of these may just be sellers that just work from the emails on items sold and don't go in and upgrade or check inventory. Would that show up as a last seen?
    It's actually possible to sell here without ever logging on, as long as the buyer uses PayPal or Google Shopping, and the seller doesn't leave feedback. All the required information is in the emails, so an item could be paid for and shipped without us knowing about it.

Personally, I do wish eBid would implement a rule that a seller has to log on at least once a month, just to be sure they're still active.

Quote Originally Posted by luvintage View Post
    bykimbo,

when I was looking for a new place to post, I wanted one that I perceived to be successful-that's where the numbers come in. I didn't even consider some of the sites that have a low number of listings.(I used the power sellers list)

I realize now that numbers don't mean everything. But, I still think it's human nature to want to go with the sites with the bigger numbers. It at least give the illusion it's the most successful.

I agree with you that fewer stores with quality dealers would be wonderful but would new members be atrracted by small numbers?
    I think we were discussing how to get potential buyers here, and to ensure that they were not disappointed with their buying experience due to dump and run sellers.

When I buy, I personally couldn't give a hoot how many items were listed for sale, so long as the seller had what I wanted at the right price and I was confident about the integrity of the seller.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I'm not. I've already said many times I don't like scheduled listings and holiday listings being visible but not available because I think that creates exactly the sort of bad-feeling we're trying to avoid. View a bunch of listings and find you can't buy any of them? How annoying would that be? Only instead of it clearly being the seller's fault for not completing it becomes just as obviously the site's fault for allowing the listings, so disgruntled (can't)buyers are hacked off with the whole place, not just one failed seller.
    I disagree with the vacation not being legit. I will be putting my stores on hold while we are out of town in couple of weeks and then when we go on our 50th Anniversary cruise in Sept and I sure don't want to worry about eBid while I am supposed to be having fun. I have never done a scheduled listing because I never saw the point. If it's ready it is listed.

Forum Lurker
    View stylusman's Feedback (+19)
    All-About stylusman
    View stylusman's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think they should doif you havent logged in after 90 days your account is on hold and after 6 months its deleted. This would be fair to everyone as even if you normally do sell without logging on which would be pretty bad no feedbacks given etc most normal people would log in at least once in this time i would of thought ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical_Trish View Post
    I think we were discussing how to get potential buyers here, and to ensure that they were not disappointed with their buying experience due to dump and run sellers.

When I buy, I personally couldn't give a hoot how many items were listed for sale, so long as the seller had what I wanted at the right price and I was confident about the integrity of the seller.
    Exactly - the number of items on a site is not what attracts me - and am pretty sure it does nothing to attract google either.
    As we are being repeatedly told in here - apparently google supplies ebid shoppers, so if someone searches on google for an item, it is just as likely to show up if there are 1,000 items on a site or 2 million items on a site.
    Heck some of the sites I buy from have less than 50 items on them - but the items still get to the top of google searches!

Thread Information