Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Should abandoned stores be deleted?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Delete abandoned stores

54 73.97%
  • Leave them but "lock: their listings

19 26.03%
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: They are really hurting us!

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I'm not. I've already said many times I don't like scheduled listings and holiday listings being visible but not available because I think that creates exactly the sort of bad-feeling we're trying to avoid. View a bunch of listings and find you can't buy any of them? How annoying would that be? Only instead of it clearly being the seller's fault for not completing it becomes just as obviously the site's fault for allowing the listings, so disgruntled (can't)buyers are hacked off with the whole place, not just one failed seller.
    Yup - this has been brought up on numerous occasions.
    Am totally in agreeance with Kimbo on this - new possible buyers coming in and seeing a load of items with no ''buy it now'' or ''bid now'' button - just my opinion that it would put them off coming back in the future.
    Ok - it may hurt the listing figures if ebid killed them off, but at least the listings left would be live, and run by sellers who appear fairly regurarly.

Quote Originally Posted by stylusman View Post
    hi tropical trish

I am not pimping items have just put them as my signature with my links. when i put a notice on here asking for advise that was one of the many things i was told to do as i dont have store yet so this is the quickest way to get people who want to see my items to my listings.
    Hi Justin, neighbour, good to hear from you! Got any rain??? (Dry as a bone here!)

You should take advantage of the fact that you can open 5 shops here for no extra charge if you are SELLER+ and have paid for a lifetime membership.
    Looking at your 'about me' page, your access level is 'SELLER'
    You sure are missing out on a lot of benefits if you were SELLER+
    See http://uk.ebid.net/help_register.php#1

(BTW, I think that you may have misunderstood the advice you received previously .... have a read through threads pertaining to advertising your items for sale in the forums. I am no expert on these matters, but I'm sure that someone will be along shortly to give you some knowledgeable advice. )

Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Lurker
    View stylusman's Feedback (+19)
    All-About stylusman
    View stylusman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi

Its absolutley throwing it down here the roads are flooded just my luck lol
    Yes i know about seller plus money is just a lil bit tight at the mo as am on sick after accident. I will be upgrading in the next week or so hopefully if my sales pick up a bit. hmmm now i am not sure if i am aloud to advertise in signature or not oh well someone will soon tell me lol

I'm not. I've already said many times I don't like scheduled listings and holiday listings being visible but not available because I think that creates exactly the sort of bad-feeling we're trying to avoid. View a bunch of listings and find you can't buy any of them? How annoying would that be? Only instead of it clearly being the seller's fault for not completing it becomes just as obviously the site's fault for allowing the listings, so disgruntled (can't)buyers are hacked off with the whole place, not just one failed seller.
    Totally agree with Kim. This has been discussed many times and hopefully ebid admin will find some solution in the near future...but I'm not holding my breath.

Forum Lurker
    View stylusman's Feedback (+19)
    All-About stylusman
    View stylusman's Listings
    Forum Posts

If they gave me free seller + for life once a month i dont mind going through and making list of all the unused accounts from a set timeframe for them. Worth a try never know my luck then all they would have to do is delete them or put them on hold

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't think the stores or the listings should be deleted. We need the counts. However, I do believe they should be isolated from the active stores. When there are several pages of stores and you are at the bottom trying to work your way up, the customer has to wade through many abandoned stores before they get to you. By the time they get to you, they don't want to bother anymore.

I have seen signs on antique stores that read, "by appointment only". Could we have an active section and maybe another column with "open by appointment only"? That way we could put the inactive stores there, keep their item counts and keep their store counts. It would be up to the buyer if they want to contact the seller if they want to buy something. Most people would probably go to the active stores first to try and find what they want. But, if they wanted something from the inactive seller, they would know they need to contact them first.

I don't know-just a suggestion.

Truly though, I believe this is a real problem and it makes it harder for serious sellers as well as customers.
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luvintage View Post
    I don't think the stores or the listings should be deleted. We need the counts.
    Do we really? I'm not convinced. I think a smaller number, but all live, active auctions would be fine. Do *buyers* care about total numbers?

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Get rid of Deadbeats.. no second chances, no hide etc. Get real folks or else this site will not grow the right way.
    I am gettin tired of many absurd listings here and everywhere when they are not handled correctly.

Will whoever wants to forgive, give second chances.. they do NOT work, never will with deadbeats.

View foxescome's Feedback (+2076)
    All-About foxescome
    View foxescome's Listings
    Forum Posts

Do we really? I'm not convinced. I think a smaller number, but all live, active auctions would be fine. Do *buyers* care about total numbers?

Agrees with kimbo, buyers don't care how many listing there are I wouldn't think. But if they buy and don't get goods then they will care and if it was me I would go back to where I normally buy from
    Irene

For Everything a Girl Could Want
    Skincare, Perfumes, Purses & Handbags.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Reeniay-Girls

I

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

"If they gave me free seller + for life once a month i dont mind going through and making list of all the unused accounts from a set timeframe for them. Worth a try never know my luck then all they would have to do is delete them or put them on hold "

Heck, I'd do it for nothing! I do a lot of browsing anyway. I think many of us do-we could just report the ones we find!
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

Thread Information