Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Should abandoned stores be deleted?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Delete abandoned stores

54 73.97%
  • Leave them but "lock: their listings

19 26.03%
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: They are really hurting us!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Some of us have been asking for this improvement, in one form or another, for *years*. So don't hold your breath, but please keep plugging away. In the absence of decisive action from ebid, I developed www.here2sell.org, but that's very much a drop in the ocean I do appreciate. I'd love to see ebid do some serious housekeeping and solve the problem permanently.

Forum Lurker
    View stylusman's Feedback (+19)
    All-About stylusman
    View stylusman's Listings
    Forum Posts

I totally agree we all need all the good advertising we can get and all it takes is one person to buy from a dumped store and it looks bad on the rest of us.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

*puts hand up in the air* I agree about doing something with 'abandoned' stores. There are far too many on here.

And when ebid does massive takedowns of these listings, members complain when our totals drop.

I say lock up the listings by putting them on hold. Let them show, but don't allow anyone to buy. That way no one is fooled, no one loses money, and when the person comes back they have to ask to get ebid to unlock the listings. They can then be told that many wanted to buy but the shop looked abandoned so ebid went and locked the door.

Many ebidders are coming back. Makes it easy for them to get serious again if we don't delete all their listings.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    And when ebid does massive takedowns of these listings, members complain when our totals drop.

I say lock up the listings by putting them on hold. Let them show, but don't allow anyone to buy. That way no one is fooled, no one loses money, and when the person comes back they have to ask to get ebid to unlock the listings. They can then be told that many wanted to buy but the shop looked abandoned so ebid went and locked the door.

Many ebidders are coming back. Makes it easy for them to get serious again if we don't delete all their listings.
    What a good idea I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by stylusman View Post
    I totally agree we all need all the good advertising we can get and all it takes is one person to buy from a dumped store and it looks bad on the rest of us.
    I think we all agree that we would, as kimbo wisely puts it
    ... love to see ebid do some serious housekeeping and solve the problem permanently.
    I don't think it's fair on all the dedicated sellers here, who have worked so hard to promote eBid, to be let down by disgruntled new buyers who have purchased, paid for goods and been let down .
    A new buyer who has encountered a *bad*experience with these dump and run sellers spreads one word around.... *avoid*
    A good, successful experience encourages trust in this venue, and possibly a return visit for more items that can be purchased here, rather than the 'other' site.
    (By the way stylus, neighbour, I don't think that you are allowed to 'pimp' your items for sale in these threads .... you need to put them in the 'plug your auctions' section.)
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    What a good idea I'm all for it.
    I'm not. I've already said many times I don't like scheduled listings and holiday listings being visible but not available because I think that creates exactly the sort of bad-feeling we're trying to avoid. View a bunch of listings and find you can't buy any of them? How annoying would that be? Only instead of it clearly being the seller's fault for not completing it becomes just as obviously the site's fault for allowing the listings, so disgruntled (can't)buyers are hacked off with the whole place, not just one failed seller.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Naaaaa... A Bad store/seller will ALWAYS be bad... always always always.
    Garbage and non-caring sellers are just that.. a bad plague. I would never never never give any of them a second chance. Waste of time and talk.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I'm not. I've already said many times I don't like scheduled listings and holiday listings being visible but not available because I think that creates exactly the sort of bad-feeling we're trying to avoid. View a bunch of listings and find you can't buy any of them? How annoying would that be? Only instead of it clearly being the seller's fault for not completing it becomes just as obviously the site's fault for allowing the listings, so disgruntled (can't)buyers are hacked off with the whole place, not just one failed seller.
    Yep, totally agree with this.
    Actually, you have answered a question that has been bothering me with regards to my forthcoming hols.
    No need to ask now ..... I know the answer.
    Cheers Kim
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Lurker
    View stylusman's Feedback (+19)
    All-About stylusman
    View stylusman's Listings
    Forum Posts

hi tropical trish

I am not pimping items have just put them as my signature with my links. when i put a notice on here asking for advise that was one of the many things i was told to do as i dont have store yet so this is the quickest way to get people who want to see my items to my listings.

Thread Information