Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Should abandoned stores be deleted?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Delete abandoned stores

54 73.97%
  • Leave them but "lock: their listings

19 26.03%
Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: They are really hurting us!

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    It seems to me that these forums are now getting very negative.Realistically none of the discussions on here are going to make any difference,admin will do what they think best,bad sellers will come and go and all it does it provide people with amunition to avoid ebid.
    I keep mentioning ebid on other forums etc but with few exceptions no one joins in.Its hard enough to get buyers or lookers to come over in the first place,that so few bother to return is a worry.It used to be siad no one had heard of ebid,now many more have but often for the wrong reasons.
    I am sorry that you feel we are being negative. I for one love this site and the forums. I also plug eBid every time I can. If the adm. listens, and I think they do, they can only surmise that there is a problem and in their time they will address it. Lots of good ideas have been put out in this thread. I happen to believe that the more ideas we have to work with the better off we will all be.

I sure don't have the answers, that much I know. It will take someone a lot smarter than me to sort this out, but it can be done.
    I hope we can always have discussions of issues that concern us. Granny

Forum Newbie
    View orkneybalm's Feedback (+347)
    All-About orkneybalm
    View orkneybalm's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is something that could be resolved by putting an agreement into the contract you agree too when you sign up for eBid. This is an issue that is double edged. Yes if you sign up for lifetime subscription you should have certain rights, no you should not have derelict stores or listings. Me personally as I am sure the rest of you have worked hard on creating ours stores, listings, profile and what have you, so, if you delete someone's profile, stores, listings and what have you they won't come back at a later date, BUT at the same time if someone new looking for something to buy goes onto a derelict store or listing they won't be impressed and probably won't come back. So what's the answer. I think that if someone hasn't bothered to check their listing or store then unless they are on holiday and have put notification that they are, written into the contract the stores, listings should be deleted or at least archived for a set length of time. There is something as being too nice, this site is a nice site and I would hate to see it go down because of wasters. Admin needs to make clear that time wasters, even if they pay for life membership cannot waste other members chances and indeed the sites chances of making it to the top and regulate a time frame for abandonment. Just my views but I think this site out of them all and the great people on it make it worth fighting for.

Red face

I agree with you orkneybalm. Since people may have paid for a lifetime, it may not be fair to delete their stores completely. Maybe hiding their items from searches would be a better solution, until they sign into their account & at least put some effort into the upkeep of their stores. I learned from ubuyit how to check a member's last log in & tried this on someone who sells the same type item that I sell. They have not logged into their store since April. If their items still appear in the search and someone asks them about an item, they will not get a response. If that were me, as a buyer, I would give a couple of chances (for the benefit of the doubt, maybe they did not get the message) If I got no response twice, I would not return to the site. I am new to ebid, but everyone here is really friendly, have great items for sale, and seems to want to succeed. To do this you have to work at it!! Online sales is my only income, so I work constantly at it! You cannot build a store, list your items, and sit back and wait for something to happen. For those of us who are really working at it, 1 buyer that gets turned off by a bad seller, is 1 too many!!

Quote Originally Posted by cherokeecreations View Post
    I agree with you orkneybalm. Since people may have paid for a lifetime, it may not be fair to delete their stores completely. Maybe hiding their items from searches would be a better solution, until they sign into their account & at least put some effort into the upkeep of their stores. I learned from ubuyit how to check a member's last log in & tried this on someone who sells the same type item that I sell. They have not logged into their store since April. If their items still appear in the search and someone asks them about an item, they will not get a response. If that were me, as a buyer, I would give a couple of chances (for the benefit of the doubt, maybe they did not get the message) If I got no response twice, I would not return to the site. I am new to ebid, but everyone here is really friendly, have great items for sale, and seems to want to succeed. To do this you have to work at it!! Online sales is my only income, so I work constantly at it! You cannot build a store, list your items, and sit back and wait for something to happen. For those of us who are really working at it, 1 buyer that gets turned off by a bad seller, is 1 too many!!
    All you have to do is log into the buyers threads and it shows it is not ging well with a lot of first time buyers.

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yikes. We need to have a venue that people can trust.
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    Okay... tell me how? when in a store on eBid, can you see if the seller has loged-in.. How? where?
    Two Boys ClosetAll CategoriesStore Owner dardonboi [+473]
    About This Store

Click on the about this store. This is a view when you open a store. I hilighted it in red. When you click on that it will tell you the last time the owner visited the store.

Quote Originally Posted by luvintage View Post
    Yikes. We need to have a venue that people can trust.
    When the owners are convinced this is a problem for them as well as for sellers and buyers it will get fixed.

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thrashing a deceased equine.

Forum Newbie
    View sandatech's Feedback (+153)
    All-About sandatech
    View sandatech's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am new to eBid and have spent many hours already setting up my stores. I jumped ship from feebay because I'm tired of sellers being treated practically like criminals and being hit with every fee on Earth. I'm running a BUSINESS and take it extremely seriously, so the last thing I'll need to be contending with is unhappy potential customers who cut bait because they can't get answers to questions or visit ghost town stores. If there is a legal issue at hand surrounding the Seller + Lifetime package then clearly Administration would not be able to delete stores. If there is no legal issue then I say delete them, otherwise lock em down where they can't be seen. This, in turn, will allow serious sellers to rise to the top and buyers to see active stores with sellers very willing to answer their questions.
    Last edited by sandatech; 4th August 2010 at 07:24 AM.

Thread Information