Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Should abandoned stores be deleted?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Delete abandoned stores

54 73.97%
  • Leave them but "lock: their listings

19 26.03%
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: They are really hurting us!

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post
    Answer #1

Your Ticket has been received and a member of our staff will review it and reply accordingly. Listed below are details of this Ticket. Please make sure the Ticket ID remains in the subject at all times.

Answer #2

Hi Donece,

Your email has been passed to our Design and Implementation team for them to review.

Guess we will see if they really listening.
    WOW!! The Americans have a Design and Implementation team on their site. Impressive title.

Here we just call him Gazza.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    WOW!! The Americans have a Design and Implementation team on their site. Impressive title.

Here we just call him Gazza.
    ummmmmmm........

No comment.

I learned something again today. I didn't know we were so special as to get our own design team. I don't want to crow about how special we are. Granny

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've received the "your ticket has been received notice" but there wasn't any comment. But, I didn't know to send the thread link when I sent the email.
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

Quote Originally Posted by luvintage View Post
    Am I missing something?

"We were just wondering outloud if there was any way for an active seller to appear to be inactive?"

I guess I have to ask how active can a seller appear to be if they are not adding new stock, or checking to see how many watchers they are getting or if they can make improvements. In the brick and mortar world you don't just plop things on a shelf and hope they will sell-there's constant evaluation and change. Why would it be different in an internet store.? Parking things in a store and never checking to see how they are doing is not really active. It's just being there. How then does the buyer know who to buy from. They don't see the seller's paypal account or their emails. How do they judge who is active except by how long has it been since you logged in? I'd say that having one item in a store and not logging in for a few years is a no brainer as to whether the store is active or not.

"Could eBid ebid actually close down active sellers that did not log in often but still sold and mailed?"

If a person only has one or two listings and hasn't logged in for two or more years how active exactly can they be?

Whether a person "works" their store or not is their own business but there needs to be some distinction between the seller who works outside of the ebid environment and the seller who doesn't work at all. The only way a buyer can tell which is which is through log in.
    But both of us are smaller sellers. Some people have 10,000 listings and leave them, never adding to them as they sell. If that person does not formally log in, but handles all thru PP, would it look like they are not working and would they be closed? It would be a shame if it happened and hope someone takes a pulse before store gets declared dead (as the poll seems to want at this point).

On feebay the bid sellers rode over us smaller sellers. Rules applied to us and not to them. Hate that to happen here. We have to stay sensitive to all sellers and respect how they do business. Can't treat sellers poorly (erasing all their stock) based on a single test, log in. Again, I am the last person to want sellers to abandoned their listings to continue to suck ebid resources, and waste everyone's time, but don't want to see an 'accidental" closing wipe a seller out.

People seem to asume that erasing the stores/listings will eliminate this problem forever. It won't. In six months time it will be right back to where it is today. There is nothing to stop it. That is because the cause of the problem is ebid's free listing/relisting, which we all know and love and don't want changed (and which brings in new sellers daily). The free listing makes it easy to list and abandon. No one wants to see those stores sitting there, but when they get wiped out, others will take their place. That is a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    @luv...

I've found ebid does read the forums and sometimes acts on sellers wants/wishes. This particular issue has been bouncing off the 'walls' for a long time. Either admin does not consider it a problem or they've put it on a back-burner. And that burner has never been lit. Try contacting them through the help screen and see what they say. It can't hurt to ask them directly.
    I agree Ginny, I think it is a really messy problem that will take alot ot clean up. Worst part, I think, is that nothing will prevent it from happening again. It happens because free listing/relisting lets it happen. That is not going to change (we hope), so ebid staff will be erasing until the cows come home and it will keep happening again and again. And none of us can come up with a viable solution to how to decide how to solve it either.

All-About luvintage
    Forum Posts

Well, what if, as suggested, people who haven't logged on for a long time get a notice saying something like "haven't seen you in awhile" and then give them the chance to log in just to show they are still operating. If they don't respond, put them in an inactive file-don't delete their listings just hide them until seller "proves" that he is still active by logging in.

Even if it was requested to log in once a month-that's 12 times a year. Probably taking less than a total of 2 minutes per year. That's not a lot to ask.

Abandoned sellers would not recur time after time because this would be an ongoing automatic process and it would be nipped in the bud.

Honestly, I see it as a win/win. Buyers won't be trying to buy from an abandoned store or listings and the site won't be clogged with abandoned stores. They will be removed from sight but not deleted so they can very, very easily be reactivated again.

We could all keep the free listings that we love and the seller is not required to do anything time consuming or laborious. Even sign in every 3 mos( I still think that is too long but it's something). That's four measly times a year. How hard can that be?

Why can't simply logging in be used as a tool to keep track of who's active? From the sellers stand point what could be easier?

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    But both of us are smaller sellers. Some people have 10,000 listings and leave them, never adding to them as they sell. If that person does not formally log in, but handles all thru PP, would it look like they are not working and would they be closed? It would be a shame if it happened and hope someone takes a pulse before store gets declared dead (as the poll seems to want at this point).

On feebay the bid sellers rode over us smaller sellers. Rules applied to us and not to them. Hate that to happen here. We have to stay sensitive to all sellers and respect how they do business. Can't treat sellers poorly (erasing all their stock) based on a single test, log in. Again, I am the last person to want sellers to abandoned their listings to continue to suck ebid resources, and waste everyone's time, but don't want to see an 'accidental" closing wipe a seller out.

People seem to asume that erasing the stores/listings will eliminate this problem forever. It won't. In six months time it will be right back to where it is today. There is nothing to stop it. That is because the cause of the problem is ebid's free listing/relisting, which we all know and love and don't want changed (and which brings in new sellers daily). The free listing makes it easy to list and abandon. No one wants to see those stores sitting there, but when they get wiped out, others will take their place. That is a solution?
    One of the reasons I left the other side was because all the rules were in favor of the big seller. When you have over 1300 listings and have not been to the site in 3 months and your item count does not go down then I would say they are not active. I do believe that to be active you need to do more than just list and send PayPal bills.

This person also has no feedback and as far as I am concerned they are not an asset. I am curious about how active they are and have sent a question to see if I get a response.

If you read through the forums there are a ton of unhappy buyers because of irresponsible sellers (no response to questions--no bill sent when bid is given--not recieving merchandise that is paid for) and this is something that needs to be addressed.

There are a lot of very smart people out there that can find a solution to this. There have been some very good ideas just in this thread. It is a concern and there is a solution that is fair to all of us.

In this day and age of the computer there will always be scammers and cheaters. We just have to find a way to cope with them. I wish I had the answers but I don't. I just know I resent when 4 of the stores in the top 14 just list and leave.

On several sports sites I am a member of........

I get an automated email once every 2 months.
    All it says is along the following lines.......

We notice you have not logged into your a/c for 2 months.
    Please click on the link below to verify that you are still an active member.

All it takes is 30 seconds to click on the link and sign in.

All-About luvintage
    Forum Posts

yep, it can be that easy.

Thread Information