Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Should abandoned stores be deleted?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Delete abandoned stores

54 73.97%
  • Leave them but "lock: their listings

19 26.03%
Page 1 of 33 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: They are really hurting us!

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy They are really hurting us!

Hi,

I have been browsing other eBid stores. I've noticed that some people haven't logged into their stores for years. I have to assume they've abandoned their listings.

This really does hurt the rest of us. New people don't always realize that they can check to see when a person last logged in.( I only learned that recently through the forums.) As I can see, in the other forum posts. people actually try to buy from these abandoned stores and they get a horrible impression of eBid.

Also, those of us who are still trying to build our stores are way down on the store registries and by the time buyers get to our stores they have been through so many abandoned stores that they give up before they even reach us.

I realize that they have life time memberships but I do think that comes with some responsibility. Is there a way that a store can be taken off line if they haven't bothered to log in for a certain period of time? I've seen some that haven't checked in for over 2 years or more.
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree.. I agree that after 7 Months of no login, store/s should go poof.
    But really just 1 login is still way Bad.
    These garbage dumpings from so-called sellers should be outta here.
    And YES.. they hurt all hard-real-working sellers on the face of it.. but it also goes much deeper than this.

All-About FBNeNotes
    Forum Posts

Login into their stores is also a mystery to me.. because I still do not know how to see their login
    Why?? isnt that easily seen????????????????

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've heard that eBid administrators really listen to their sellers and I'm hoping that those who feel as we do will add their names to this request.
    Thanks much!
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

All-About FBNeNotes
    Forum Posts

Okay... tell me how? when in a store on eBid, can you see if the seller has loged-in.. How? where?

View ubuyit's Feedback (+324)
    All-About ubuyit
    View ubuyit's Listings
    Forum Posts

As long as they actually have a store....go to their 'All about Me Page' , click on one of their stores....on the left / upper , is a box that says 'About this Store'...click on it !!.

View foxescome's Feedback (+2076)
    All-About foxescome
    View foxescome's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luvintage View Post
    Hi,

I have been browsing other eBid stores. I've noticed that some people haven't logged into their stores for years. I have to assume they've abandoned their listings.

This really does hurt the rest of us. New people don't always realize that they can check to see when a person last logged in.( I only learned that recently through the forums.) As I can see, in the other forum posts. people actually try to buy from these abandoned stores and they get a horrible impression of eBid.

Also, those of us who are still trying to build our stores are way down on the store registries and by the time buyers get to our stores they have been through so many abandoned stores that they give up before they even reach us.

I realize that they have life time memberships but I do think that comes with some responsibility. Is there a way that a store can be taken off line if they haven't bothered to log in for a certain period of time? I've seen some that haven't checked in for over 2 years or more.
    I agree with you ~ these listings do us no favours at all. ll a buyer needs is one bad experience to put them off eBid and return to the other side.
    Irene

For Everything a Girl Could Want
    Skincare, Perfumes, Purses & Handbags.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Reeniay-Girls

I

I agree.

In checking the stores in the clothing some of them have not been visited in 3 or 4 months. These sellers need to be either taken off the lists or at least warned that their store may be down graded. Maybe if they don't visit and maintain their store for a certain length of time, say 60 days that their store will be moved to the bottom of the list regardless of how many items they have, or something to that effect. Not that the adm. doesn't have enough to do. LOL

Some of these may just be sellers that just work from the emails on items sold and don't go in and upgrade or check inventory. Would that show up as a last seen?

It should be easier for prospective buyers to check on our status. I had never pushed that button before and had no idea what was behind it. One thing about it, I learned something new today and every little bit helps.

Thanks for posting this thread, Granny

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

At least ebid does do ocassional mass deletions of redundant items.
    I dont know much about stores
    I think some of the other sites have never done it.

I wouldn't think other sites would have 'dumping ground' stores given that sellers have to pay fees for the privilege

Thread Information