Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: New Here!

Forum Newbie
    All-About sherwood101
    View sherwood101's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool New Here!

Just started with ebid and so far so good. Just wondering how one gets sales going. Pricing for shipping and items. Trying to keep my items low enough plush make a little extra and give a good product.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi. Sherwood! Welcome!! Bet KCMO is hot hot hot this summer...........but what else is new?? lol. You will find ebid a very friendly place, so take your time looking around the forums. You posted this in Home and Garden thread, so I'm guessing you will be listing things in that area?? If not, or for general conversation and general questions, the Kitchen Table thread is the main place to go. Other threads have different special topics. There are some great people here with lots of good ideas on how to proceed. Don't be shy..........there are some threads that are perfect for newbies...........Astral and bykimbo have some.......I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction. Also, the staff are quick on their toes to help with serious problems, so it's a good place. Good luck!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Sherwood,

I'm fairly new here too. The best advice I can give is to listen to the advice given by the seasoned sellers here. Their tips and suggestions really do work.

Also, don't put much stock in the posts by those who are already quitting. There are plenty of people here who are doing well and those are the ones I concentrate on learning from.

As far as shipping goes, I just charge actual shipping. I use the shipping calculator on the listing form. It will allow you to charge a handling fee if you like. I just think in these competitive times it may give me an edge.

Also, because I don't have a lot of stock posted yet, I try to log in every day and I participate in the forums whenever I can. There's a place on your storefront where people can see the last time that you logged in. This is important for us, with little stock, because it lets the buyer know that we are active on the sight and that we haven't just abandoned the store.

This is a great place to be and we wish you lots of success!
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

Thread Information