Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: It broke, is being fixed, any interest for YDC80?

Default It broke, is being fixed, any interest for YDC80?

My darling grandson wanted to show his friend one of my emu eggs...well...It was dropped during their inspection. It cracked in about 20 places, but clean breaks, no shattering.

I have already pieced it back together, but I can't sell it in my store. I was wondering if anyone would be interested if I listed it for YDC80. I promise it will still look good and won't fall apart on you, the stand would come with it.

Here is the photo from before the fall, it will take about a week for drying time before I would have new photos, but it should look the same. Please let me know if anyone would be interested, I would hate for all that work that went into it to go to waste.

Tbanks, Dodie
    Attached Images Attached Images  

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Reminds me of when my niece was very small. She had picked up a bisque figurine of the side and was looking at it. So I told her to be very careful as it would break easily. Of course the next thing was an almighty crash.

She looked up at me, looked down at the shattered remains, looked back up at me and spake these words of childhood wisdom.

'Well they should have made it out of plastic and then it wouldn't have broke'.

View foxescome's Feedback (+2076)
    All-About foxescome
    View foxescome's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keepsakesbydesign View Post
    My darling grandson wanted to show his friend one of my emu eggs...well...It was dropped during their inspection. It cracked in about 20 places, but clean breaks, no shattering.

I have already pieced it back together, but I can't sell it in my store. I was wondering if anyone would be interested if I listed it for YDC80. I promise it will still look good and won't fall apart on you, the stand would come with it.

Here is the photo from before the fall, it will take about a week for drying time before I would have new photos, but it should look the same. Please let me know if anyone would be interested, I would hate for all that work that went into it to go to waste.

Tbanks, Dodie
    Yes there will be interest Dodie )

and lookey at my avatar - I love it thank you
    Irene

For Everything a Girl Could Want
    Skincare, Perfumes, Purses & Handbags.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Reeniay-Girls

I

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    'Well they should have made it out of plastic and then it wouldn't have broke'.
    Hmmm ...
    This is exactly what my grand-daughter said when she got ticked off for accidently breaking the neck on a swarovski swan.
    My darling grandchildren always found my glass doored china cabinet fascinating. I think maybe the back-lighting drew them to it, like moths to a flame.
    I have (or did have) a collection of swarovski ornaments in various sizes. Amongst them were various other crystal trinkets that I had collected over the years.
    Does anyone know how to repair (i.e. stick back on without obvious signs of repair, like sticky glue etc.) I tried superglue, but it didn't seem to do the job.
    Confession ... superglue was purchased at car boot sale, very cheap..
    ..... or bearing in mind that no doubt I will have many more grandchildren (hopefully) from my last three kids, best leave things as they are for now.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

You need the proper UV activated 'super-glue' designed specifically for bonding glass. It has the same refractive index as glass itself so the join is not visible. As an example: LOCTITE Glass Bond.

Should be available from any good hardware outlet or motor factors (e.g. Halfords)

Thanks for that Mel, it's now on my shopping list.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

If it comes out ok, I won't sell anything I'm not proud of, I'll put it on for the next YDC.

I love your avatar Foxy, thank you so much, I'm honored. Dodie

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Please list it. I can have a fight with foxie

Thread Information