Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does Twiiter and Facebook ads work? Yes they do

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    Fill my boots? lol Not certain what that means.
    "Fill your boots" is a colloquial expression meaning you should take as much as you want of something - don't stint yourself.

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1958)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hurrah the link at the bottom to facebook works, so ebid is now being advertised on my profile - great!

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gbsbks2010 View Post
    Hurrah the link at the bottom to facebook works, so ebid is now being advertised on my profile - great!
    I just found that button and added my charity store to one my Facebook profiles...now to share it through the other 5 + all my pages and groups

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Can I join facebook as a shop or summut else? I don't want long lost relatives coming outa the woodwork.

My last facebook experience was a disaster and quite upsetting.
    Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    don't want long lost relatives coming outa the woodwork. My last facebook experience was a disaster and quite upsetting.
    Any advice?
    No advice. But I'm a little leary of FaceBook myself. Sorry you had a bad experience, Pink.

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

I can understand that one, about family coming out of the woodwork, as I joined it through talking about it on here before Christmas and was suddenly swamped by family that I would never have thought were on there.

Did you create one as Book zone? as I notice there is a user and a products one.

There is also a stay gold

View Maxx's Feedback (+11)
    All-About Maxx
    View Maxx's Listings
    Forum Posts

A few Notes about Facebook's personal "Profiles" and business "Pages":

You can create a free business "PAGE" for your ebid stores. I've just started one and am currently working on it. I've added a place for people to advertise their eBid Stores and Blog Sites. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Maxx-Fashion-Mod-Retro-Clothes-Vintage-Clothing/133810743331626

A "Page" is different than a "Profile". A "Profile" is a personal page where you connect with family and friends. If you use your personal "Profile" to consistently advertise your eBid items, per Facebook policies, your "Profile" will be suspended.

A "Page" is a business page specifically designed to advertise your Stores/Business. If you wish to make a business "Page", simply go to my business "Page": http://www.facebook.com/pages/Maxx-Fashion-Mod-Retro-Clothes-Vintage-Clothing/133810743331626. Then click on "Create a page for my Business", which is located at the bottom of the left hand column.

A new window will open to guide you in the making of your business "Page". You'll want to select the "Business Page" option to create and keep the ability to maintain your page. DO NOT select the "Community Page" or "Group" options.

Business pages are found on Google if you have your personal "Profile" Privacy Setting Public Search set to Enable Public Search.

With this setting you will still have the ability to choose what not to share about your personal "Profile" on Google. You can lock it down to show nothing but your profile picture. But your Business page will be searchable in the Google Search Engine.

If you'd like more details or help in setting up your Facebook business "Page", feel free to email me.

Hope this information is helpful for potential and current Facebook users.
    Last edited by Maxx; 18th October 2010 at 03:53 PM.

MAXX DEALS
    Great deals on electronic accessories. We have very competitive prices, ship fast, and offer combined shipping to save you money.

- Group: Increase your Search Engine Ranking. Advertise your Store Effectively (Temporarily Inactive)
    - Click here to Join eBid. It's quick. It's easy. It's Free!
    - All About MAXX

Thread Information