eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gazza, Can we violate ebid policies please?!

View aftech's Feedback (+493)
    All-About aftech
    View aftech's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Gazza, Can we violate ebid policies please?!

eBid administrators,
    I think one of the most distinguishing ebid policies is that sellers cannot create more than one listing for the same item. However, I noticed some sellers create tens, hundreds, or even thousands of the same item with different titles. For example, if we have ten LCDs that are compatible with ten different laptops and we create ten listings with titles like LCD compatible with AAA, LCD compatible with BBB, LCD compatible with CCC, ... then we are violating ebid policies because it's the same exact item. Or let's say we have 100 batteries compatible with 100 different computers. The same story here again.
    If ebid doesn't enforce the policies, more and more violations will happen. So why don't you??
    The only excuse could be "we can't check millions of listings for violations...". All right. But how about when a member points you to the problem and even shows you where it is?

We contacted customer support and notified them (with specifics) about this problem but it doesn't seem they are too worried about it. The listings are still there.

If other sellers are free to violate policies, can we please violate ebid policies too?!!

All-About aftech
    View aftech's Listings
    Forum Posts

So administrators have nothing to say about this? Does that mean they think it's not an important matter?

Froncysyllte Llangollen, Wrexham, United Kingdom
    View tjsprinting's Feedback (+433)
    All-About tjsprinting
    View tjsprinting's Listings
    Forum Posts

if,being the numpty that I am, needs a battery for a particular camera( for instance) I wouldnt know that the one for a different camera would fit mine, I would search for battery canon abc, etc, if I have got to open every listing for a battery and look to see if its compatible I would give up and go else where. I do know that a cam belt for a mitsubishi l300 petrol van is the same as the cambelt for a 1600 mk 4 cortina, but would you and would the title be long enoght to list all possibilities for fitting various automobiles.
    If we were just to list cambelt number 123 then nobody else would be able to list it as it would be picked up by bots as a duplicate. A bit of common sense is needed surely

Made to measure internal and external softwood doors and gates.
    Visit our ebid store to see a wide range of ledge and brace, cottage, stable and garage doors along with a selection of single and paired gates. Just click on the banner above

All-About aftech
    View aftech's Listings
    Forum Posts

In that case you need to check "Search Description?" when you search. Seller needs to put all the compatible models in the description. Then you would be able to find your battery. Makes common sense?
    Creating hundreds of listings with different words in the TITLE is for sure against ebid policy no matter what.

All-About tjsprinting
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aftech View Post
    In that case you need to check "Search Description?" when you search. Seller needs to put all the compatible models in the description. Then you would be able to find your battery. Makes common sense?
    Creating hundreds of listings with different words in the TITLE is for sure against ebid policy no matter what.
    told you I was a numpty!!!!!
    Again though, if I was selling car parts and lets face it lots are interchangeable, I could list a cam belt for the cortina, not mention The other aplications, then list the mitzi cam belt, ok so someone in the know might pick up on it being a duplicate but not many would, gow would it be policed in that case?

Visit our ebid store to see a wide range of ledge and brace, cottage, stable and garage doors along with a selection of single and paired gates. Just click on the banner above

All-About aftech
    View aftech's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well as I understand, ebid policy is clear: you cannot create more than one listing for the SAME item no matter what. If there's an exception, administrators please let us know. As far as I know, there is no exception. Yes everyone likes to be able to create thousands of listings to get better view but everything should be fair.
    My point is if a seller is allowed to do this, all sellers should be allowed. If it's not allowed, no one should be a favorite. So far, administrators have nothing to say!!!!

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi , as I understand it ( and I could be wrong ) as long as the title is different ... it is not counted as being a duplicate....example ....xxx 1 .. is not the same as xxx 2 ....the description can be the same ,.... but not the title ????...but again , I could be well wrong here , but this is my understanding.....papa.

All-About tjsprinting
    Forum Posts

but how are they supposed to know about every duplicate item that has a different title or description crikey I could take photos of doors from every angle and with different coloured backgrounds, how would they know that A and B are actually the same door? pikkied differently and described differently. Surely before you can insist on the rule being so tightly policed as you want, ebid would need some help along the way, that is where the report an item comes in, every buyer and seller help police the site in that way, but ebid then have to weigh up the evidence and be sure that it is not simpy a ploy to have competitors listings removed willynilly or out of spite.

All-About tjsprinting
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by papagran40 View Post
    Hi , as I understand it ( and I could be wrong ) as long as the title is different ... it is not counted as being a duplicate....example ....xxx 1 .. is not the same as xxx 2 ....the description can be the same ,.... but not the title ????...but again , I could be well wrong here , but this is my understanding.....papa.
    I agree, OP thinks though that this is wrong and should still be deemed a violation of the rules.

To me, if someone spends the time to research what a "type a battery" can be used on and then list the battery for "use a" "use b" etc then I don't see an issue.
    I needed a charger for my mobile, so I typed in nokia 3310 charger and up came several, I purchased the cheapest, job done.

Thread Information