Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New But Would Like Some Critics

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    A shipping calculator? I didn't know that. Time to check the Help system. :-)
    The US Postal Service has an unbelievably convoluted system. The shipping charge for our mail depends on the method (First Class, Priority Mail, etc.), the package type (letter, large envelope, regular package, etc., etc.), the dimensions of the package, the weight of the package, which zone the addressee is in (there are, I believe, eight domestic zones and a dozen international). In addition, there are surcharges for certain things like putting a piece of cardboard in a letter to protect the contents. I doubt if we would offer international if we had to figure out the postage for each country.

I was told the shipping calculator isn't available to UK sellers, because their shipping rates are straightforward. So it may or may not be available in Canada. If it is, you'll see the options when you create or edit one of your listings.

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    Shipping overseas is very easy. I keep a supply of the custom forms at home, so I can fill them out ahead of time. The only drawback is the packages must be delivered to the post office in person.

The shipping calculator on eBid gives the buyer an accurate postage amount provided we enter the correct total shipping weight. A bonus for using it: we don't have to make changes when they raise the rates.
    I send packages oversea and fill out the form at home, leave the package along with the form and postage in my rural mailbox and the carrier picks it up. The next day I receive the envelope back with either change or amount owed. If I owe I put back in envelope for next day pickup.

Forum Newbie
    View DenimNThings's Feedback (+1)
    All-About DenimNThings
    View DenimNThings's Listings
    Forum Posts

I didn't know the post office did that but will keep that in mind.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by DenimNThings View Post
    I didn't know the post office did that but will keep that in mind.
    Thank you!
    Didn't know what? You need to keep in mind that people that type are not all from UK and things differ here than the USA for example

Forum Newbie
    View DenimNThings's Feedback (+1)
    All-About DenimNThings
    View DenimNThings's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    Didn't know what? You need to keep in mind that people that type are not all from UK and things differ here than the USA for example
    """ Location:Leicester, North Carolina, United States """"

""" Location:Leicester, North Carolina, United States """"
    Sorry my speed reading let me down there. I just saw "Leicester" which is next to Nottingham

before I stick my feet in my mouth
    I did find a size chart online I can use as a guide but want to make sure if it is something I can go by. I sell mostly jeans but would like to know if this chart below would be accurate. I'm thinking about doing Canada and United Kingdom.

http://www.jeanshub.com/SizeChart-In...nversions.aspx
    TIA
    Denim
    More than likely most of your overseas sales will be UK and Canada, but ya never know. I open to everyone, and get occasional South Africa, Spain, Portugal, France, Germany, New Zealand, Austrialia etc. All use same USPS custom forms anyway, no difference really. Consider worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    The US Postal Service has an unbelievably convoluted system. The shipping charge for our mail depends on the method (First Class, Priority Mail, etc.), the package type (letter, large envelope, regular package, etc., etc.), the dimensions of the package, the weight of the package, which zone the addressee is in (there are, I believe, eight domestic zones and a dozen international). In addition, there are surcharges for certain things like putting a piece of cardboard in a letter to protect the contents. I doubt if we would offer international if we had to figure out the postage for each country.

I was told the shipping calculator isn't available to UK sellers, because their shipping rates are straightforward. So it may or may not be available in Canada. If it is, you'll see the options when you create or edit one of your listings.

You forgot to mention the dreaded uneven envelope. It must be the same thickness uniformly or you have to pay more for it to be mailed. This rule gives the clerks the excuse to squeeze your envelopes, poke at them, and try to bend them every which way.

Thread Information