Thread: New But Would Like Some Critics

Forum Newbie
    View DenimNThings's Feedback (+1)
    All-About DenimNThings
    View DenimNThings's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile New But Would Like Some Critics

Hi,
    I started listing on Ebid just a couple weeks ago and have been doing a lot of board reading as well policy reading.
    I'm hoping that I have got everything covered but would like a few critics just to make sure I have them within the policy standards. Any help is appriciate.
    Thank-you!
    Last edited by DenimNThings; 7th July 2010 at 11:41 AM.

Forum Newbie
    Burton On Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View jumiclads's Feedback (+44)
    All-About jumiclads
    View jumiclads's Listings
    Forum Posts

Everything looks fine to me apart from you could do with a store so it makes it easier for a buyer who finds one of your items to see everything you sell.

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had a look at you About Me Page and it looks good. Your descriptions look good and the postage seems reasonable. Just be patient and sales will come.

I am also in the market for a denim skirt, size 14, longer style. The one you had listed would be great except I don't care for the patchs. If you have another one PM me please.

Hi and welcome to ebid.

Very nice clothes and good descriptions too.

Consider selling overseas too. I sell about 75% in US but rest overseas. Don't leave out anyone!

Everything looks fine but the postage seems to be a problem. Have you changed something or did you remove any postage charges all together? It does not seem to give me a postage amount for my area which would be a problem if at 2 am someone wants to buy and pay for one of your items.

If you are giving discounts for multiple bids, best way to do that is to charge whatever amount on EACH piece and then discount on the final invoice. ie. Always have a shipping rate on your items. Here it is not a terrific idea to try to make people buy the item and then reveal the postage amount to them. Few will take you up on that deal.

In addition, you have only 55 items. Keep adding new items often, as google works best with lots of items. Follow the other tips on forums for selling here. Contact all your old customers and tell them you moved etc.

Good luck one bid.

Forum Newbie
    All-About DenimNThings
    Forum Posts

I'll be reading up and trying to figure the store thing and will be concidering shipping oversea's... I went to the post office today and got a couple of the custom's forms. I haven't shipped oversea's but have shipped to Canada in the past and everything went great. Just not sure if there's been much change with the postal service on that since I had last shipped out in 2001. Thank you for the idea's, it is greatly appreciated and I look forward to making this my new home for buying & selling.
    Denim

View foxescome's Feedback (+2076)
    All-About foxescome
    View foxescome's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello Denim & welcome to eBid

Please do consider shipping overseas.. you have some nice things at great prices :-)

Might even consider putting UK & europe sizes into the listings so we know what we are looking at?
    Irene

For Everything a Girl Could Want
    Skincare, Perfumes, Purses & Handbags.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Reeniay-Girls

I

Forum Newbie
    All-About DenimNThings
    Forum Posts

before I stick my feet in my mouth
    I did find a size chart online I can use as a guide but want to make sure if it is something I can go by. I sell mostly jeans but would like to know if this chart below would be accurate. I'm thinking about doing Canada and United Kingdom.

http://www.jeanshub.com/SizeChart-In...nversions.aspx
    TIA
    Denim

Quote Originally Posted by DenimNThings View Post
    I'll be reading up and trying to figure the store thing and will be concidering shipping oversea's... I went to the post office today and got a couple of the custom's forms. I haven't shipped oversea's but have shipped to Canada in the past and everything went great. Just not sure if there's been much change with the postal service on that since I had last shipped out in 2001. Denim
    Shipping overseas is very easy. I keep a supply of the custom forms at home, so I can fill them out ahead of time. The only drawback is the packages must be delivered to the post office in person.

The shipping calculator on eBid gives the buyer an accurate postage amount provided we enter the correct total shipping weight. A bonus for using it: we don't have to make changes when they raise the rates.

View foxescome's Feedback (+2076)
    All-About foxescome
    View foxescome's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm a size 8 UK in jeans which is 36 EU but your chart doesn't show EU sizing so my guess would be to go with the France as EU.

This site looks more usefull

http://www.usatourist.com/english/ti...ens-sizes.html

or this one

http://www.simetric.co.uk/siclothing.htm
    Irene

For Everything a Girl Could Want
    Skincare, Perfumes, Purses & Handbags.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Reeniay-Girls

I

Forum Newbie
    All-About DenimNThings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    Shipping overseas is very easy. I keep a supply of the custom forms at home, so I can fill them out ahead of time. The only drawback is the packages must be delivered to the post office in person.

The shipping calculator on eBid gives the buyer an accurate postage amount provided we enter the correct total shipping weight. A bonus for using it: we don't have to make changes when they raise the rates.
    After a couple oversea's package's I should do fine then.
    Thank you!

Thread Information