Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Team YDC

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello Folks....finally back at my pooter

Crikey, i'm about 30 miles away from Rothbury, but there are police EVERYWHERE.....i've never seen sooooo many!
    (I'm only about 2 miles from the original shooting - so that's probably why - in case he comes back.)
    Every motorway slip road has a traffic car, taking particular interest in vans.......funny thing is though (and I was doing it myself) everyone seems to be "scanning" every other car on the road!

Talk about never a dull moment!

Anyways, i'm gonna put the kettle on, then catch up with the thread....be back shortly.

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I set this up last year http://ydcweb.webs.com/ but with all the chopping and changing and ups and downs and wotnot it never really got going - I was never sure how to use it. If you have any ideas of what you'd like it to do, I'll be happy to tailor it that way.

All-About Armstrongs
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    German translation - I am your woman
    Excellent! I'll add you to the list!
    I'm going to get someone (totally unconnected with eBid or YDC) to "critique" the announcement. Just to see exactly how easy it is to understand.
    So, there may be some wording changes (or maybe not)....i'll keep you posted, and of course...you'll have a preview.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    Vonz, I really don't know enough about them to volunteer, but I've been reading the help pages on Twitter & Facebook.

I think, if Sarah gives you the login details, (or you get her to change the login to the new ones) you/ or whoever is the "Official Tweeter" (or is that the Official Twit?) for YDC can, take over the YDC_Fundraising twitter account.
    Which will be easier than trying to set up a new one, especially given the problem Sarah had in getting the name.

As for Facebook, I think your "Official Facebooker" needs to set up a Fan Page instead of an individual account.
    It looks like once a name has been used on facebook, it cannot be reused, even if the associated account is closed, but you really need somebody more experienced than me to sort it.

I'm happy to promote YDC via my own facebook & twitter accounts, & websites.
    Thanks Gothicina!

Raindropsies has given me the login details for Twitter, YDC_Fundraising.....do we have any expert Twitterer's in our midst?
    Who would like to Tweet the YDC flag?

Quote Originally Posted by Borderdoors View Post
    wishing you success at the helm, I am sure I will try to support you as best I can , BUT I'm not the best with the old puta.
    As for Facebook my grandson set me a group page up for the business, on that only administrators can add things and it doesnt have pages of gossip and comments on it, perhaps that may be an idea, I will have to tap TJ for more info
    lol, Facebook etc. might as well be in fluent Swahili for me......
    I think i'd rather tackle a Bio-Engineering degree.....sigh, I think I was born to early.....but the young 'uns seem to know the in's n out's, so drag him in lol

Quote Originally Posted by starlady22 View Post
    The best i can do to help is to put link on twitter, and my facebook.

Jane
    Cheers Jane! It's all the little bits that will make a BIG difference!

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I set this up last year http://ydcweb.webs.com/ but with all the chopping and changing and ups and downs and wotnot it never really got going - I was never sure how to use it. If you have any ideas of what you'd like it to do, I'll be happy to tailor it that way.
    WTG Kimbo...i'll take a peek.
    Maybe others could too, and we'll pool ideas.

Thanks everyone
    Yvonne x

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vonz View Post
    .do we have any expert Twitterer's in our midst?
    That would probably be me, but I don't "believe in" (or approve of, or however you want to put it) using Twitter *just* to spam about something - it needs to be a used properly as a microblog, not just a way of posting ads. As the friendly face of YDC you really ought to do it yourself, but I'd be happy to give some coaching. If you just use it say "buy this stuff", even if it's "buy this stuff for a good cause" there is no motivation for anybody to follow you, so it wouldn't work anyway.

All-About Armstrongs
    Forum Posts

Hiya Kimbo, I know what you mean about a "hard sell" (spamming), but i'd really like to see it as more of a "look who we're helping this month"...with the nominated charity (and all the others) having the higher stance......does that make sense? lol

Yvonne x

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vonz View Post
    Hiya Kimbo, I know what you mean about a "hard sell" (spamming), but i'd really like to see it as more of a "look who we're helping this month"...with the nominated charity (and all the others) having the higher stance......does that make sense? lol

Yvonne x
    Sure, you'd have to do some homework though. Or maybe the winner who made the nomination could be expected to provide information or updates to support you - stuff you could pass on? If they do that, the charity stands a chance of gaining from it so it would be in their interests. Otherwise you're just left tweeting "this is for sale" in an endless stream of adverts, and I just don't think that would work (or be right).

As the admin you could do pre-event tweets about what was coming up, and repeat some of the hints and clues that people tend to drop in the week or so before. And tweet after about the amount raised as it comes in - it just depends how much you want to do. I guess I could offer to do the first month as a demo (and to take the pressure off you at the start) and then you could take it over after that. Hmmm.... or even pass the baton onto the next volunteer maybe? Just thinking out loud here.

All-About Armstrongs
    Forum Posts

Well said Kimbo

That sounds like a top class plan to me!

Charities & research I can do with my eyes closed.....but never let it be said that i'm not willing to learn this new fangled stuff lol

Yvonne x

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!

All-About Armstrongs
    Forum Posts

Apologies for a new post, but this is really for anyone who is reading the thread, but not necessarily a participant of YDC (or the forums even).

We would dearly love you to help us raise as much money as possible, for some amazing charities!

No pressure to join in.....but could you offer a small amount of support just by spreading the word?

HOW?

At the bottom of my signature...."I am a YDC supporter" etc.

Could you add the same (or similar) to your "about me" page, or better still to any auctions you have running?
    If you would like to help, please feel free to copy & use.

Many thanks
    Yvonne x

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!

...."I am a YDC supporter" etc.

chuckles.... just thought of ..I am a cider drinker...
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Thread Information