eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why does eBid advertise EBay ...when EBay removes any reference to eBid in a thread?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    The reason my number of items has stayed pretty steady is because stuff keeps selling and I have to spend time parcelling which holds up the listing process. This, however, feels like a good thing to me!
    *grin*

Forum Newbie
    View fashiondiya's Feedback (+13)
    All-About fashiondiya
    View fashiondiya's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi there,

I'm new to ebid and I'm a bit confused as to how I can post my own questions on the forum or create new threads?

The question I wanted to ask is: Why the things in my auction aren't selling when I have had a lot of people viewing my items?
    I'd be grateful for any help or advice that you can give. Thanks very much.

Fashiondiya

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fashiondiya View Post
    Hi there,

I'm new to ebid and I'm a bit confused as to how I can post my own questions on the forum or create new threads?

The question I wanted to ask is: Why the things in my auction aren't selling when I have had a lot of people viewing my items?

Fashiondiya
    Just replied to your PM asking me exactly the same thing. So another top tip... if you ask a question of the forums, or an individual, wait a bit and give them a chance to answer you. *grin*

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fashiondiya View Post
    Hi there,

Fashiondiya
    And take the reference to the other place off your all about page. Your stuff looks good and well-priced - good luck!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Mansfield Woodhouse, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View LizzyA's Feedback (+2899)
    All-About LizzyA
    View LizzyA's Listings
    Forum Posts

You are not allowed to refer ' advertise' the other side on your about me page.
    Lizzy

for Books and Magazines click
    http://lizzies-book-store.ebid.net/

Computer Games etc click
    http://its-all-about-computers.ebid.net/

Baby Cardigans Bonnet Sets click
    http://hand-knitted-specially-for-you.ebid.net/

DVD's, CD's, and Lots more click

http://lizzies-bits-and-bobs.ebid.net/

China Collectables click
    http://lizzies-china-collectables.ebid.net/

Want to be a member, No problem, Just click on this link:

http://uk.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?r...=register-main

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    A slight conflict of interests maybe?

Many ads on eBid come via impressionz.com - which is owned by GasDigital Ltd - which is owned by the same people that own eBid.
    ... and a whole host of other ventures at one time or another obviously. If you do the research and dig deep enough the change of guard and spinoffs is quite enlightening. Some seem to have fallen off the grid but Impressionz and LovePepper definitely still active and sporting the GasDigital Ltd logo. PopExchange and SpotJockey according to historical domain searches were, maybe still are, in the business of PPC(pay per click) and Banner advertisiing.

Name:  GasDigital.JPG
Views: 126
Size:  31.4 KB
    Low Prices on Brand New Top Quality Luggage, Leathers, Bags, Cookware and more!!

Click The Banner Below To Our "All About" Page And Find All Our Clickable Store Links There

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    The easiest and best way to punish Ebay or get revenge is to list loads of items on here.For all the talk,the number of items just isn't growing that fast and in fact has stagnated for months.
    To be honest I haven't the faintest idea why this should be so,this is a friendlier site,the fees are much much lower and its free of all the irritating rules and regulations that have made ebay such an unpleasant place to trade.
    There's such big reluctance to take it seriously,people still,despite the rip offs the fakes the piles of cheap junk from China the bad sellers and buyers and the horrendous fees, go to ebay. Quite why is beyond me.
    For me, it's a simple yet complicated story.

A couple of years back, unable to get suitable shipping names from eBid, I asked them to move my account to Singapore registered, because Singapore does have the same-named postal services as here in Thailand. My sales immediately collapsed entirely - zero zilch nada since then.

I contacted eBid support several times asking them to return my account back to UK registration at the same address as before (my Mum's place up north, which is also my Inland Revenue, banking, DSS, pensions, and whatever else, official UK permanent address) .... and eBid refused point blank every time.

The last refusal I had from them stated quite clearly "not until you are living back in the UK". Hmmm? Was fine for me to use my official UK address while I was selling and generating fees for eBid, but once the sales, and thus the fees, stopped - they didn't want to listen or assist.

Fine. Been there done that game with eBay before. So after zero sales here for three years plus, I'm just letting items expire and returning the inventory to my own sites until such time as eBid see fit to think about loyalty to their longer serving customers and cut a little slack to those of us who have proven our worth for the site, as well as our integrity and trustworthiness.

(A poked-out tongue smiley doesn't quite pass the message I want to pass, and as what I really want to say would be self-defeating, I'll bite my tongue at this point)

Gaz

Thread Information