eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why does eBid advertise EBay ...when EBay removes any reference to eBid in a thread?

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    Sorry, don't understand?? If that is true - what's this? Seen and copied this morning..

Attachment 19329
    Added this domain to the filter.

If everyone can let us know the domains of any other inppropriate advertisers and we will add them.

Thanks,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Editing some items a little while ago I kept getting an advert at the top of the page complete with an Ebay logo and click on links to buy it now items on Ebay itself.
    Like that I might as well plaster adverts for other tool sellers on my own web site,it seems absolutely ludicrous to advertise your competition let alone provide links to their items.

Can the Ebid guys BLOCK certain Google Ads banners? I see outside banners popping up all over Ebid - but I don't see Ebid anywhere outside of this portal.
    Too bad...

So why not click on it everytime we see it? If it is going to cost FeeBay money and help build this site I'm all for it. Once we click it their money is gone and the back button works very well and the whole process takes very little time. Actually it could be a way for some of us who over the years paid into their bottom line get a bit of satisfaction (you can call it revenge). Granny

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post
    So why not click on it everytime we see it? If it is going to cost FeeBay money and help build this site I'm all for it. Once we click it their money is gone and the back button works very well and the whole process takes very little time. Actually it could be a way for some of us who over the years paid into their bottom line get a bit of satisfaction (you can call it revenge). Granny
    Do people still believe this works. Google stopped counting multiple clicks from the same computer years ago.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

I've only seen it a couple of times. If what is being said is true then they are changing it every few days. Every time they change it doesn't it change the codes and make it a new ad? I don't pretend to know much about how the internet works but I know for instance that each on eof my items has it's own code.

But then even if they only have to pay for one of my clicks it is better than nothing.

Forum Diehard
    All-About baconsdozen
    Forum Posts

All this talk of revenge on ebay is pretty silly anyway.
    If you listed stuff on there and made a loss you knew the fees in advance so its your fault no one elses.

Yes I knew the charges before I listed. Yes I paid my bill. Yes for 3 months in a row I lost money. Yes I got sick of being treated like a 2nd class citizen and the big box stores getting front page listing. Yes I was smart enough to get the heck out of Dodge. They don't listen to their sellers. They have brought in a whole batch of irresponsible buyers that can cheat and lie their way into free merchandise and scared sellers.

Do I think they need a reality check? Yes I do.

Forum Diehard
    All-About baconsdozen
    Forum Posts

The easiest and best way to punish Ebay or get revenge is to list loads of items on here.For all the talk,the number of items just isn't growing that fast and in fact has stagnated for months.
    To be honest I haven't the faintest idea why this should be so,this is a friendlier site,the fees are much much lower and its free of all the irritating rules and regulations that have made ebay such an unpleasant place to trade.
    There's such big reluctance to take it seriously,people still,despite the rip offs the fakes the piles of cheap junk from China the bad sellers and buyers and the horrendous fees, go to ebay. Quite why is beyond me.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

The reason my number of items has stayed pretty steady is because stuff keeps selling and I have to spend time parcelling which holds up the listing process. This, however, feels like a good thing to me!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thread Information