eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why does eBid advertise EBay ...when EBay removes any reference to eBid in a thread?

Question Why does eBid advertise EBay ...when EBay removes any reference to eBid in a thread?

Probably I am being naive but..

Why does eBid advertise EBay when EBay removes any reference to eBid in a thread?

I was surprised to see the banner " become a PowerSeller on EBay" here on eBid.
    clothes and things for you by keidee

Yeah, often wondered the same thing. Folks work hard to bring people here and then a portion of them are clicking right on out of here and back to ebay

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Read through the forums looking for "google ads" or similar and I'm sure it will make sense... it's been discussed <cough> quite a lot.

Google AdSense members can block whatever sites they want to from being displayed in the ads, but of course that could lower the ad earnings

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes it doesn't make any real sense.I got a warning from greedbay when I mentioned ebid on their flag wavers forum and a threat to close my account (to be honest I'm not that bothered),but then I see an advert for them plastered all over ebid.
    I thought they were a competitor,seems absurd to send them trade or customers.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes I'm in New Zealand and when I browse ebid I often see ads from Bidville ! (Who ever they are)

Why doesn't ebid just take ads from non-auction sites ! eg finance companies, travel, etc etc.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

A slight conflict of interests maybe?

Many ads on eBid come via impressionz.com - which is owned by GasDigital Ltd - which is owned by the same people that own eBid.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Yes I'm in New Zealand and when I browse ebid I often see ads from Bidville ! (Who ever they are)

Why doesn't ebid just take ads from non-auction sites ! eg finance companies, travel, etc etc.
    Budville, that is strange! They're long gone.

I am a web publisher myself and I use Google Ads on my sites - publishers can definitely block the sites they dont want to apppear in their ads. I dont know about impressionz as I have not dealt with them. Bottom line is that someone chose to have the ebay ads on here - so money is being earned every time a visitor clicks away from here to go to ebay or other auction sites ............

The application used to block certain sites from appearing in the ads is called a Competitor Filter, its primary use is to block ads from your competitors from showing up on your site. Publishers also use it to block low quality or irrelevant sites too.
    Last edited by oldhillbilly; 1st July 2010 at 02:03 PM.

Why not make a buck off competitor's ads? We sellers are here to stay, no temptation to run off if we see an ad for feebay (been there done that). Google shoppers shop all over anyway, let them use the link if they want. They will be back, always are. Let anyone who wants to visit smaller sites go and have a look. With just a few thousand items in most of them, they will be back soon enough. Run every ad, we have nothing to be afraid of, not with our membership and sales increasing each and every month!

I bet the only site who does not run ebid ads is feebay, they got lots to lose and have already!

Thread Information