Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems with Upgrade and Lack of help from Support

Exclamation Problems with Upgrade and Lack of help from Support

I have been trying for days to get upgraded to seller. I have communicated with the support team about my problems but so far nothing has really been done to help. AND it has been since early Wednesday morning that I have been waiting for a reply to my last message.

This whole experience with support and my problems upgrading to a seller have really made me lose a lot of confidence in eBid. Is the support team so busy that it takes 2 days to reply to a message? Or do they just not care?

Oh and the problem I am having is that the system will not accept my debit card and tells me that it I must try a different card. Well, that is strange because I use that card all the time, have had it for years AND I used the same exact card to pay for all the auctions I have won here and never once a problem. So why is it only the upgrades that I am having problems with? I dont know. I have talked with my bank on the phone twice and in person once and they are assuring me that absolutely no types of payments are being blocked and that there is no reason why that card should be declined or not accepted. I find it hard to believe that I have been the only one to experience this problem but I get the feeling that the support people here do not care.

I need to know if anyone else has ever had or seen a similar problem and why does it take so long waiting between messages from the staff? I am sitting here ready to pay the cash but no one seems to care or to want my money.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

There used to be problems with, if I recall correctly, Maestro cards. eBid changed their payment processor to get over that issue. Since the change I haven't seen similar reports of people having their card rejected.

Support is generally very good (but we all have days when we don't perform at our best). How are you submitting the support request - via the Contact Us form or via email? Whichever - try the other way and prefix the subject with FAO GAZZA.

I have been talking with support via email since the 21st, it takes a long time between replies and currently I have been waiting since Wednesday morning for a reply. (more than 48 hours!)

This is just a standard ordinary Mastercard Debit card with my bank account. As I have said I used it for years and have used it to pay for auctions right here on eBid.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oldhillbilly View Post
    I have been talking with support via email since the 21st, it takes a long time between replies and currently I have been waiting since Wednesday morning for a reply. (more than 48 hours!)

This is just a standard ordinary Mastercard Debit card with my bank account. As I have said I used it for years and have used it to pay for auctions right here on eBid.
    In my personal experience (and I accept other's may vary) any delay over a few hours means they don't know the answer instantly and are looking into it. I've never known them fail to answer a *simple* question promptly.

Well it has been 4 days or so since I first contacted them about this issue and nothing has been resolved yet.

There is nothing wrong with my card and my bank has completely assured me that there are no blocks of any kind on my card.

I was feeling somewhat positive about eBid and was even planning to become a lifetime+ seller and become active here. But I am now beginning to feel as though 'they' are just too busy and aren't really concerned about getting new sellers here. I read all the stuff here about how everyone wants the site to grow and how we need more sellers but I am not too sure that the ownership reflects those feelings.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Make sure your details on the card match exactly what you have here on eBid in your personal details.

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Make sure your details on the card match exactly what you have here on eBid in your personal details.
    They do. I have had no problems paying for all the auctions I have won here with the same exact card

----

The issue with my debit card is disturbing but what is bothering me much more is the seeming lack of concern from support over this. I could be mistaken but I am feeling like they just dont care and aren't too interested in their members and whether they sell or become active here.

I also think that a lot of others have had the same problem and just left. I have a lot of customer service and business experience and it is known that people rarely say something when there is a problem they just go elsewhere.
    Last edited by oldhillbilly; 25th June 2010 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldhillbilly View Post
    I have been trying for days to get upgraded to seller. I have communicated with the support team about my problems but so far nothing has really been done to help. AND it has been since early Wednesday morning that I have been waiting for a reply to my last message.

This whole experience with support and my problems upgrading to a seller have really made me lose a lot of confidence in eBid. Is the support team so busy that it takes 2 days to reply to a message? Or do they just not care?

Oh and the problem I am having is that the system will not accept my debit card and tells me that it I must try a different card. Well, that is strange because I use that card all the time, have had it for years AND I used the same exact card to pay for all the auctions I have won here and never once a problem. So why is it only the upgrades that I am having problems with? I dont know. I have talked with my bank on the phone twice and in person once and they are assuring me that absolutely no types of payments are being blocked and that there is no reason why that card should be declined or not accepted. I find it hard to believe that I have been the only one to experience this problem but I get the feeling that the support people here do not care.

I need to know if anyone else has ever had or seen a similar problem and why does it take so long waiting between messages from the staff? I am sitting here ready to pay the cash but no one seems to care or to want my money.

One reason there is a time delay, is that you are in America & support are in England, it could also be because they are waiting for a reply from their payment providers, to pass on to you.

There were problem with their old payment provider, & MAINLY American cards, that is why they changed providers, earlier this year.

There also seems to be a more general problem with Maestro/Mastercard since they introduced their verification, I know that one of our larger Banks are changing all their debit cards to Visa, because of this problem.

There also seemed to be a problem with email to support yesterday, as I posted on the forums then.

Usually all questions are answered fairly quickly (in a few hours).
    If it were me, I'd reply to the last email I received from them, leaving the subject title as it is, but appending FAO Gazza.

BTW Gazza asked you a question on your other thread 2 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Hi, if your card is denied you will see Paypal options to pay for 7, 30 and 90 day and Lifetime options to upgrade to Seller+ , did you try these?
    Last edited by Gothicina; 25th June 2010 at 04:49 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

I can only agree - it is highly unusual to wait a long time for a response from support! I assume they are trying to resolve the problem.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post

BTW Gazza asked you a question on your other thread 2 days ago. [/color][/font]
    Going off on a tangent but...I always understood that you could not pay for short term recurring subscriptions via PayPal. Has that changed?

Thread Information