Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bid on item that seems to be fake

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

A Guide on how to avoid buying Fake Nike shoes online

• Always check the seller's feedback. Surprisingly it can sometimes be 100% positive. Do not rely solely on feedback to help you decide if a product is authentic or not. However, look closely for Neutral and Negative feedback comments.
    • You should always read the description and shipping terms carefully. Quite often they will state them to be authentic when the reality is they have no idea. If they are being shipped from Asia....Buyer Beware! If they are not stated as authentic, ask the seller a question.
    • For some bizarre reason, most sellers of fakes do not stock men's USA size 9 or size 13 and above. Also women's size 9 and above are extremely hard to come by.
    • Sometimes fakes will not fit true to size, but run about half a size smaller than usual. Authentic Nike shoes always run true to size.
    • The sole should be made from real BRS 1000 rubber. It should feel like rubber! On most fakes, the sole feels quite plastic or slippery which can be dangerous if the shoes are intended for sports use.
    • If you see a pair of Nike shoes on Auction site and they are being sent, supplied or drop-shipped from anywhere in Asia (China, Hong Kong or the Philippines) they potentially going to be fakes.
    • If the seller sends their shoes from Hong Kong and/or China via EMS and state that it will take from 7-14 days or longer for you to get your order. This means that you are most likely buying fakes, and are also stuck with any possible customs fees or worse.
    • Do the shoes come with the box? Most Fakes won't come in their original shoe box. If the seller says there is no box just to save postage costs, this is questionable. Shoe boxes really don't weigh much at all. However, they may legitimately not have the original box.
    • If they do come with the shoe box, the cardboard box of many fakes may be quite flimsy, crush anf tear easily, and fall apart quickly. Authentic Nike shoe boxes are actually very sturdy.
    • Most importantly, all authentic Nike shoes have unique SKU style numbers. The box will have an SKU number that looks like the photos below.The SKU should be exactly the same as the SKU number on the label inside the actual shoes. If they are not exactly the same numbers, the shoes will more than likely be fake.

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danbaldwin View Post
    The seller is demanding payment but is not answering questions about the item. I did not mean to bid on the item and thought I was getting more info before purchasing but ended up somehow bidding. The seller also has no feedback and has a sketchy sounding name. Anyone know how I can resolve this without potentially giving my paypal account info to what seems to be a scammer?

I've been using ebay for 14 years and have never a similar situation. This situation is why I've avoided sites like this one in the past and will strictly do so in the future.
    Aye right! Pull the other one mate! If you'd been a "virgin" on auction sites, I may have fallen for that load of drivel. But you SAY you've been using the other mob for FOURTEEN YEARS but "you didn't mean to bid". Turn it up! Admit YOU made a mistake and stop blaming everyone else - especially EBID! Apart from that, if you're such a seasoned feebayer, you KNOW you are supposed to get all your info BEFORE EVEN THINKING ABOUT BIDDING!!!
    Nancy
    Ceud mμle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

How on earth could someone with 14 years of experience in buying online NOT know what "Place Bid" means?

Goodbye.

Thread Information