eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bid on item that seems to be fake

Forum Newbie
    All-About danbaldwin
    View danbaldwin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Bid on item that seems to be fake

The seller is demanding payment but is not answering questions about the item. I did not mean to bid on the item and thought I was getting more info before purchasing but ended up somehow bidding. The seller also has no feedback and has a sketchy sounding name. Anyone know how I can resolve this without potentially giving my paypal account info to what seems to be a scammer?

I've been using ebay for 14 years and have never a similar situation. This situation is why I've avoided sites like this one in the past and will strictly do so in the future.

View bluejypsy's Feedback (+618)
    All-About bluejypsy
    View bluejypsy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Firstly I would have made sure I had asked all my questions and been happy with the answers before bidding.
    Secondly I do not understand how if you have been on auction sites previously, you would assume to receive more information after you place your bid.
    Thirdly If you felt uncomfortable with the lack of feedback or the sellers name why did you bid in the first place?
    Finally, and most importantly I have no idea what you mean by the statement, "sites like this one". It seems to me that you have just joined and changed your mind over your purchase but want someone else to be at fault. Why try to soil the name of eBid?
    Politely ask the seller to release you from the contract you have entered into and see what happens. If they say they won't then there is nothing on earth to force you into completing the purchase. The worst that can happen is that they will give you negative feedback but if you have made up your mind already to "avoid sites like this one" then that won't be any loss.

Special items for that special little person in your life.

Click here to visit Blue's Homemade Goodies.

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

...very well said Bluejypsy.

Have a click...You know you want to...

Gosh, let's see, the item is probably a fake, seller is probably scammer because of their funny name, no feedback, and you bid!! Yikes, ebid, the #1 alternative auction site in the world works just like the other one in this regard. When you click on "place a bid", you actually place a bid.

As said, if you need info, contact the seller via the "contact seller" before you place a bid. Now you can contact the seller via that route and tell them what happened.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Only scam and cranky people I've ever dealt with were on the other site....I had over 1500 +feedback there...I believe it is the individual person you happen to deal with that matters, not the host venue so much. Ebid is much more helpful when there is any sort of problem than the other place ever was even in their dreams. Here you can deal with real people who give real solutions. I've never received just a form letter which didn't answer my questions, tho that is the other site's standard fare. I hope you can work this out and, when the dust has settled, you will find this a super site on which to buy and sell. Just do what you can, as you should on any site, to avoid potential problems. If you are concerned, just deal with people who have a large feedback. I didn't import my feedback from anywhere - it's all Ebid. Good luck!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Abertillery, Blaenau Gwent, United Kingdom
    View jane6905's Feedback (+195)
    All-About jane6905
    View jane6905's Listings
    Forum Posts

would it be beyond the realms of possibility to ask just what the seller's name is?

Maybe then we can make our own minds up over the legitimacy of this 'dubious character'....?

Please don't run away sullying our beloved sites name, let us walk you gently by the hand through this nasty experience...

Unless you are one of ebay's diehards then, good enough to you! lol

Janey

Default scammers

while there may be some scammers on this site, i know for sure there are on ebay ( mostly in their customer service department.) whatever site you use you should always go throught their tutorials to make sure you know how things work. any seller worth your time should be willing to answer questions about items. if they are not willing to provide the infromation asked for then i wouldn't deal with them. as for sites like this, i'd be willing to bet that most sellers on ebid are here because their sick of ebay's always changing regulations and increased pricing to go with their lack of service. i sell highend dead stock and pre-owned fashion items, and put a lot of time and research into making sure i'm providing my customers with authentic products. you as a buyer also have a responsibility to do your homework on items before you bid so that you will know the right questions to ask, and what the answers should be.

Mansfield Woodhouse, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View LizzyA's Feedback (+2899)
    All-About LizzyA
    View LizzyA's Listings
    Forum Posts

How on earth did you ' end up somehow bidding' ?
    cos' you pressed the bidding button, that how!

And you have been on e**y all those years and never seen any scammers,
    Pull the other one. it's full of them!.
    Lizzy

for Books and Magazines click
    http://lizzies-book-store.ebid.net/

Computer Games etc click
    http://its-all-about-computers.ebid.net/

Baby Cardigans Bonnet Sets click
    http://hand-knitted-specially-for-you.ebid.net/

DVD's, CD's, and Lots more click

http://lizzies-bits-and-bobs.ebid.net/

China Collectables click
    http://lizzies-china-collectables.ebid.net/

Want to be a member, No problem, Just click on this link:

http://uk.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?r...=register-main

When I was selling on the other side I had several accidental bids. Never could figure that out. When I had a question on an item I looked for where to ask a question because the "Place a Bid" button did not look like it was going to get me any answers.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

How to Spot Fake Gucci Shoes

Check the inside lining for a serial number. Fake Gucci shoes will not have an 8-digit serial number stamped on the leather lining. Authentic Gucci shoes will have this number hidden on the inside of the shoe, next to the shoe-size. The inside of real Gucci shoes are lined with leather and have a stamp with the words "Gucci Made in Italy" visible on the heel of the shoe lining.
    Look at the sole for clues of authenticity. If your Gucci shoe is fake, the sole will be made of synthetic materials, not of leather. An authentic women's Gucci shoe has the words, "Gucci Made in Italy" stamped on the outside of the sole, above the shoe-size number. A man's shoe created during the reign of Tom Ford will have a silver plate with the words, "GUCCI" engraved on the plate, located below the size of the shoe.
    Check the packaging and shoe bag for fake Gucci shoe clues. Gucci shoe bags are brown with the "double G" or "double C" logos printed on the bags. Fake Gucci shoes have white, tan and black bags without the "GG" insignia. The Gucci shoebox is a dark brown hue that matches the Gucci shopping bag and shoe bag perfectly. An authentic Gucci shoebox will have the word "GUCCI" embossed across the top in silver lettering.
    Give your fake Gucci shoes the scratch and sniff test. Authentic Gucci shoes smell like leather. The soft leather on the outside of women's shoes is prone to scuffing and scratching easily by a fingernail. Fake Gucci shoes may use tough canvas fabric to mimic the double "G" printed logo. Authentic Gucci printed cloth, whether used on shoes or bags, has an iridescent quality to the fabric.

Thread Information