My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Option Still Missing from Bulk Edit

Default Option Still Missing from Bulk Edit

I have mentioned this before, but the "Start Auction" & "Close Auction" settings are missing from Bulk Edit
    Phil

Forum Newbie
    View spares2go's Feedback (+83998)
    All-About spares2go
    View spares2go's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think it would be useful to also be able to update Quantitys in bulk

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by interestingtreasures View Post
    I have mentioned this before, but the "Start Auction" & "Close Auction" settings are missing from Bulk Edit
    Well, to be pedantic, starting and closing listings is not technically an edit. Also, as Bulk Edit only works on live listings then the ability to 'start' listings would seem a bit pointless.

I think what is really needed is the ability to select all listings on the relevant 'Auctions I'm Running' pages - rather than having to do it page by page.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Well, to be pedantic, starting and closing listings is not technically an edit. Also, as Bulk Edit only works on live listings then the ability to 'start' listings would seem a bit pointless.

I think what is really needed is the ability to select all listings on the relevant 'Auctions I'm Running' pages - rather than having to do it page by page.
    Seconded. Emphatically.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post

Well if starting and closing listings is not an edit why is it in the options when you "edit" a single "Live" auction

If not as an option in Bulk Edit perhaps it could be an option when listings have closed and you relist them.
    When relisting one item from "closed" you get the option to edit it, but not if you relist multiple auctions and want to change how long they are up for etc

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Recognising when his input is not well received, Astral wanders off to do something else...

Input is wanted, but I was just replying to your comment that this isnt an edit option and stating fact the option to change the listing and re-listing times are actually in the edit option for single listings, so it is an edit option which is already in place.
    It is not the option to have the ability to change the starting settings I am talking about, but the ability to change the length of listing and relisting periods in bulk either in Bulk Edit or when they have closed and are to be relisted which would be useful if a seller wanted to experiment with different listing periods to see if it made any difference to sales
    Phil
    Last edited by interestingtreasures; 23rd June 2010 at 05:09 PM.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

...or when they have closed and are to be relisted which would be useful if a seller wanted to experiment with different listing periods to see if it made any difference to sales
    Phil
    This is the bit I don't understand at all. You can only alter live, running listings using bulk edit - so no changes requested that would apply to closed listings are doable.

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well if starting and closing listings is not an edit why is it in the options when you "edit" a single "Live" auction
    That would be because the option is 'Close/Edit Auction' i.e. you can close or edit the listing through that option.

If not as an option in Bulk Edit perhaps it could be an option when listings have closed and you relist them.
    When relisting one item from "closed" you get the option to edit it, but not if you relist multiple auctions and want to change how long they are up for etc
    You can do this by using the 'export' link and relisting through the bulk uploader.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Thread Information