Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Listings are disappearing again

Default Listings are disappearing again

When I logged off this morning, we had 5,431 listings running. I just logged back in and there are 5,430.

No new sales.
    All the listings that are closing today are running or already closed.
    All of the last batch of new listings that I added are running

This means one of our "old" auctions has disappeared. I checked our email and there's no notification.

I don't know what's going on. I understand that management sometimes deletes listings when someone complains, but if that happens, can we please get a notification? As far as I know, all of our listings are legal and should not cause a problem, but if we did make a mistake, this is an unreasonable way to handle it.

Please, notify us if a listing is deleted. I don't even need a reason, just a notification.

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

I got about half of my 500 deleted ones relisted. I've only spent about 80 hours on that. It's tough to do it for long when you know they could just disappear on a whim again. I've been exporting about every other day just in case. That will only let me know what is gone. If the pics are deleted from My Gallery it's start over again. The deleter needs to get a little respect for other's efforts.
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

There now seems to be a delay in updating counts when relisting. Takes a minute or two although the items seem to be there directly if you search for them. Might account for the missing listing?

No, it's still missing this morning. And I checked the relists before anything else. They were OK.

I just noticed that Gazza has made a lot of changes and additions in the categories. This is great news, but now I'm wondering if this could account for missing listings.

If an item is already running, and a change means it is now in the wrong subcategory, is it possible that listing will get deleted? Without any notice to the seller?

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Let us know an auction ID of a missing auction and we can trace it for you.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

That's the problem, I don't know! We have over 5,400 auctions running. The count went down by one, but I don't know which one. I keep track of the exact count now because this happened back in February, when 14 listings disappeared. It took me over a week to identify them all. This time, I know it was not a relisting (I write down the auction numbers before they end), and it was not a newly listed item. The only way I'll be able to find the auction ID is to go through all of them.

I'm not going to bother checking the low-priced items, but we have at least 1,000 with a high enough value to make it worth the effort. I wouldn't mind if a listing was deleted if we could just get a notification adequately identifying the item (the title would be enough). Then I could figure out what was wrong, and recreate it with whatever corrections are necessary.

All-About terry5732
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Let us know an auction ID of a missing auction and we can trace it for you.
    How's about an message from you giving us the item number when you delete it?
    My clutter

All-About terry5732
    Forum Posts

er, scratch that, I don't have a list of my auction numbers

A title might be of use
    My clutter

I haven't been keeping a list of auction numbers. When a person builds up the volume of auctions that you have Tia's, then I guess a person should be doing that. Trying to find a missing auction would be a needle in the haystack and extremely time consuming. I wouldn't have thought of keeping track of auction numbers.

But, I have noticed that auction numbers go wonky sometimes when there are auctions closing and being automatically relisted.

Thread Information