Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free books with magazines

Forum Newbie
    All-About magpiebooks
    View magpiebooks's Listings
    Forum Posts

As I understand it, the "not for re-sale" bit is printed on the books by the publisher before they send them to the magazine, and is intended to stop either the magazine or the wholesalers or the shop selling them as a separate item. Once a person has bought the magazine the book belongs to them to do with as they please, including selling it! Many hundreds get donated to charity shops who have no qualms at all about selling them on!

Forum Newbie
    All-About magpiebooks
    View magpiebooks's Listings
    Forum Posts

As I understand it, the "not for re-sale" bit is printed on the books by the publisher before they send them to the magazine, and is intended to stop either the magazine or the wholesalers or the shop selling them as a separate item. Once a person has bought the magazine the book belongs to them to do with as they please, including selling it! Many hundreds get donated to charity shops who have no qualms at all about selling them on!

Forum Newbie
    View zenbooks's Feedback (+65)
    All-About zenbooks
    View zenbooks's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up Come the revolution!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lisa1301 View Post
    Hi Jan,
    Yes certainly. In the UK, magazines like Cosmopolitan and similar, often give paperback books away (as well as lipsticks etc) with the magazine. They come in the plastic wrapper with the magazine and on the back of the book it usually says something like "promo copy, not for resale".
    So it says on the back of the book "promo copy, not for resale" what should we do bow our heads in shame if we even think of selling it? Yes (cring) thats what I did when I nearly got chucked off the river for doing it, that was freebe dvd's as well, it was a nice little earner for a while and then Bang - not so good!!! Suspended for a month!!!
    Anyway ebay (dare I say the word!!) and Ebid don't seem to mind.

Has my mugshot come up with this post? What do people think? sufficiently sideface to be amiguous?

- Zenbooks

Thread Information