Forum Posts

Default Ebid on Drop Ship Access

Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Nice one!

All looks very good on the surface, but 148,966 of those antiques are prints from a seller that has not been seen since March

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalistslibrary View Post
    All looks very good on the surface, but 148,966 of those antiques are prints from a seller that has not been seen since March
    Does't change the fact that it's a good article, and good promotion for ebid.

The continuing problem of absentee sellers is a separate matter (that we're already banging on about in several other places. )

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Does't change the fact that it's a good article, and good promotion for ebid.

The continuing problem of absentee sellers is a separate matter (that we're already banging on about in several other places. )
    Hi Kim,

Good article or not, they quote this;
    This site is racking up members to beat the band! For example, the antiques category has 163,293 active listings! eBay has 217,889 today, but chances are that many of those listings are not even authentic antiques, but mass produced imported junk allowed by eBay to inflate listing numbers.

Perhap's they should have looked a little deeper when out of 163,293 listings, 148,966 are from an absentee seller who has several negatives, and offers the same listings on other venues as well Doesn't make eBid look so very attractive does it

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just think it's a shame that somebody finds a good article and posts about it and all anybody can find to do with it is complain. We *know* there is a problem with absentee sellers, do we have to keep telling Google even on a feel good thread that's trying to be positive? Who's side are we on here?

"Ooh look, somebody's being positive and encouraging, stamp on 'em quick!" I'm all for keeping a balanced and factual stance, but that doesn't mean we have to turn every piece of good news into a foot-shot.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Shall I google a negative article? Would that make you all happier? (apart from Kimbo, of course)
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I just think it's a shame that somebody fin is complain. We *know* there is a problem with absentee sellers, do we have to keep telling Google even on a feel good thread that's trying to be positive? Who's side are we on here?

"Ooh look, somebody's being positive and encouraging, stamp on 'em quick!" I'm all for keeping a balanced and factual stance, but that doesn't mean we have to turn every piece of good news into a foot-shot.
    ================================================== ====
    Hi Kinbo , I see what you are saying , I know exactly what you mean..but it looks like you are also saying that people are not supposed to say if they find what might be a fault...everyone is entitled to their opinion , right or or wrong....just my opinion...papa.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=papagran40;1209164]================================================== ====
    Hi Kinbo , I see what you are saying , I know exactly what you mean..but it looks like you are also saying that people are not supposed to say if they find what might be a fault...everyone is entitled to their opinion , right or or wrong....just my opinion...papa.[/QUOTE

You see what I'm saying, you see exactly what I mean... and then you say it looks as if I'm saying something totally different and complete unlike what I'm saying. Sorry, I can't follow that logic at all. Of course complaints are valid - hell's teeth I make plenty myself, and I *always* report faults. I am vocal about several recurring problems, absentee sellers being one of the topics I bang on about myself a good deal. So if somebody says something nice, I don't really see a need to turn it into yet another moan.

But since you see what I'm saying and see see exactly what I mean, I presumably didn't need to explain it again.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

NOPE ....to me it is obvious........papa.

Thread Information