Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are photo's necessary?

Kettering, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View lisa1301's Feedback (+5)
    All-About lisa1301
    View lisa1301's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Are photo's necessary?

Can someone tell me if photographs are essential when you are selling a book? For example if I want to buy a James Patterson book, I am not bothered about looking at a picture of it, as I know which book I want. I'm currently bidding on two books and the photo's of it would have made no difference to me at all.

I have been spring cleaning today and have about 30 books I want to sell, and was only enquiring as it was just the thought of taking 30 pics but if you feel I need to do it then I will take it on advice from you oldies with me being a newbie!

Thanks guys.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I always want a photo so I can see the condition. Unless it's a seller I already know and trust, I'm not going to take their word for it as book condition is such a subjective thing. I've had people assure me that a book at a boot fair is so expensive because "it's never been read" and it looks like a piece of junk.

All-About lisa1301
    View lisa1301's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I always want a photo so I can see the condition. Unless it's a seller I already know and trust, I'm not going to take their word for it as book condition is such a subjective thing. I've had people assure me that a book at a boot fair is so expensive because "it's never been read" and it looks like a piece of junk.
    Thank you..... I will take your advice then and take photo's. I had never thought about it that way. I suppose I am too trusting and if someone tells me it's in exc cond I'd believe them, but I know from a swap site I use that isn't always the case. So it's out with the camera for me tomorrow then.....

Thanks again. All advice greatfully received.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

If browsing the book category a thumbnail picture will often attract my attention whereas a title might not.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

umm ...I like my covers to match so yes, a photo is very important - I don't bother looking otherwise
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

All-About lisa1301
    View lisa1301's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks everyone! I'm sold....... Photographs it is then.

I prefer to see a photo otherwise I don't usually bother looking unless its a title i specifically want.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

When I started selling online, many moons ago, I was taught to include images as if there were no description and write up a good description as if there were no images. This is necessary for non American/English speaking buyers who may not understand a description entirely.

View bluejypsy's Feedback (+618)
    All-About bluejypsy
    View bluejypsy's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm with the rest here. I can't help but feel that if a seller "can't be bothered" to take a picture of the item I wish to buy then what is their attitude towards the remainder of the transaction. You are able to post 5 free pictures on eBid so use these to show your books and any slight marks or creases you will find that by doing so you are showing that you can be "bothered" and that will be in your favour.
    Books are very slow sellers right now but someone will buy as long as you are prepared to wait. Good luck.

Special items for that special little person in your life.

Click here to visit Blue's Homemade Goodies.

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have to agree with all the rest of the posts. I see several sellers who don't have pics and honestly, I don't bother to click on the listing. A photo lets you know right away that it's the item you want. Also, I feel better about the seller because they show they care enough to make it easier for the buyer.
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

Thread Information