eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Come on US ebiders - we need more listings !

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    I'm a bit puzzled. When members say in their posts that their items are getting a lot of views, but no one is buying, that means people are already finding us. If that's the case, advertising by eBid would only get more people to come here, look, and leave. Isn't is up to the seller to get them to buy after they find us?
    x2
    I have always thought that.
    I am always grateful for views, as it shows here is interest for my products
    Last edited by Juliebabe25; 17th December 2010 at 08:47 PM.

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

An auction I placed and then promoted myself got nearly 400 views in the first two days.Most of the views,judging by the e-mails I received where from people who had heard of Ebid but had not really looked at it,many of them went to look at other items on the site.
    Hopefully they might have seen something they liked and will return.
    ps.Thanks for the tweet,byKimbo.

Forum Newbie
    All-About XenonsGlobal
    View XenonsGlobal's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm a bit puzzled. When members say in their posts that their items are getting a lot of views, but no one is buying, that means people are already finding us. If that's the case, advertising by eBid would only get more people to come here, look, and leave. Isn't is up to the seller to get them to buy after they find us?
    I think a big reason we aren't getting viewers to buy is because most don't want to hassle with signing up to buy something on a site they've likely heard little about. I think if eBid allowed buyers to ask questions, and checkout without signing up it would help increase sales alot. They would still be able to track who sells what, and then get any fees owed from upgraded listings. They could then ask a buyer to sign up AFTER the checkout process is completed. After a buyer makes a purchase here and it goes well, they are likely to start shopping here, then they would sign up. I think being in google is getting us many views, but it is too much of a hassle to finish the sale. From everything i've read about SEO and site optimization, your potential customer should be able to buy your product within less than 5 clicks from the search engine where they find you. If they arrive at ebid from google, then find they have to sign up to make a purchase, they will likely go elsewhere. Especially if they already have an eBay account where they already have their information added.

Quote Originally Posted by XenonsGlobal View Post
    I think a big reason we aren't getting viewers to buy is because most don't want to hassle with signing up to buy something on a site they've likely heard little about. I think if eBid allowed buyers to ask questions, and checkout without signing up it would help increase sales alot. They would still be able to track who sells what, and then get any fees owed from upgraded listings. They could then ask a buyer to sign up AFTER the checkout process is completed. After a buyer makes a purchase here and it goes well, they are likely to start shopping here, then they would sign up. I think being in google is getting us many views, but it is too much of a hassle to finish the sale. From everything i've read about SEO and site optimization, your potential customer should be able to buy your product within less than 5 clicks from the search engine where they find you. If they arrive at ebid from google, then find they have to sign up to make a purchase, they will likely go elsewhere. Especially if they already have an eBay account where they already have their information added.
    Can't agree with you on this one. If I find something on the net I want to buy, signing up is not a problem for me. As for the part about e*ay, you have to sign up to get an account, or have things changed over there?

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

@XenonsGlobal

You could be right in theory.
    But I think ebid needs to keep a track of buyers in case we start getting bad buyers as there are on feebay.

I am on another site as well and someone saw one of my items on Google and they had to sign up and then it took me about 6 messages back a for to get them to decide how many they wanted and how to pay and set up a special listing for them etc etc (they did buy in the end !)
    They were keen and really wanted my products but not every one is that keen.

One thing I hate is having to sign up to every news website to make a simple comment and fill in those damn captchas.
    But I suppose that is how it is.

We all want more buyers on here. And about 500 people a day join up, not all sellers of course.
    Last edited by Juliebabe25; 17th December 2010 at 08:48 PM.

Forum Newbie
    All-About XenonsGlobal
    View XenonsGlobal's Listings
    Forum Posts

Can I ask where you get your statistics from? I don't doubt you at all, I've just seen your post about the total auctions growth, and now this so am curious if there is an easy way to access the information.

I don't think "bad buyers" would be such a problem that eBid would need to keep track of them. They still must use a payment system such as Google Checkout, PayPal, etc. All have ways to appeal or fight a dispute made by a buyer. Most cases of bad buyers result in ones who purchase an item, and do not pay right away. Anyone not signed up for eBid with their payment system in place should only be allowed to pay instantly, that way sellers won't have their auctions end and pay fees for someone who isn't paying for the item.

I am actually going to post a topic about this in the suggestions section, as i've planned to do for some time now, but have been busy with all these auctions i'm trying to get up. I'm not even 1/4 of the way there yet JEESH. Anyway, it'll be much longer and more detailed. Please read and reply there, don't expect it tonight though, i'll try but have much work ahead of me.

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

@XenonsGlobal
    Here's my daily routine
    www.auctionnews.org shows ebid US listings daily
    www.powersellersunite.com shows ebid US listings every 2 hours.
    www.ebid.net look at main page, shows total listings on left hand side
    where would you like to sell - UK then it shows the number of UK listings

(remember that many people in UK and US offer their listings to the other country)

Ebid forum main page, scroll down to the bottom left shows the number of members, this is the total number of ebid members it seems they are automatically enrolled in the forum when they join.)

Back up to the top, click on My Profile, scroll down to the left, see the total number of people who checked out my profile.

Make a cup of coffee, put it in my Adkaf and check out whats new on the forums.

Have my breakfast then enter the number of views from all my listings (only 23) onto a spreadsheet.
    Last edited by Juliebabe25; 25th November 2010 at 06:39 PM.

Forum Newbie
    View shlayma's Feedback (-1)
    All-About shlayma
    View shlayma's Listings
    Forum Posts

My stuff aint selling?

Hey guys , I get lots of views but my stuff aint selling? I have read through the first few pages of this topic and found some very helpfull info!

heres one of my listings :

http://za.ebid.net/for-sale/efx-spor...e-36009039.htm

any tips to make them sell? on *other* auction sites I sell a few a day but here nothing soo far for over a week!

Thanks for any advice!

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Hi Shlayma

We all get lots of views on ebid.
    Getting sales is harder as there are no where near as many members on here compared to the other site.
    And as you are in South Africa there is no Google Product Search

Your listing looked OK to me. (Not that I know much about what you are selling)
    Keep posting in these forums, and you may get some more advice.

(Just about all of my sales have come from forum posters)

What country do your sales on the other site come from ?

Forum Newbie
    View shlayma's Feedback (-1)
    All-About shlayma
    View shlayma's Listings
    Forum Posts

South africa Julie , always.

I am getting MORE views here , than on the other sites but no sales?

its a bit odd tbh....

Thread Information