eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Come on US ebiders - we need more listings !

Quote Originally Posted by MHauctions View Post
    eBid needs to do some serious promotion.
    Name:  sCo_huhsign.gif
Views: 141
Size:  1,015 Bytes ... haven't you heard?? eBid's NOT like FeeBay. Here, you're supposed to pay your Seller+ Lifetime fees for the privilege to Promote the Site for eBid. Then, after you've paid for that privilege you can only HOPE that the buyers come and bid on or purchase your items. You don't really expect owners of an auction site to take your hard earned money and re-invest that into creating a viable venue for it's seller members do you? As I said .. eBid's NOT like FeeBay.

Quote Originally Posted by MHauctions View Post
    I've listed a few desirable items (eBay-wise) of different categories and have seen very few hits so far .
    I feel your pain here. Going now on 90 days as a Seller+ Lifetime member and NO bids or sales yet. Sold (2) 4pc stockpot sets on FeeBay this weekend and (2) backpacks (same as my listings #32961524 and #31511037 on eBid). I price my items with the same G/P margin on both sites after all product costs, shipping charges, FVF's and PayPal fees are taken into consideration. Given FeeBay's higher selling costs then of course both items sold there at higher overall price+shipping cost to buyers as opposed to here. It's all about traffic, traffic traffic and it's just not here. But, in eBid's defense it has only been in business for 12 years now as opposed to FeeBay's 15 years. That must be what they mean in business management when using the term 'slow growth'.
    Low Prices on Brand New Top Quality Luggage, Leathers, Bags, Cookware and more!!

Click The Banner Below To Our "All About" Page And Find All Our Clickable Store Links There

@Treasureloft.

To my knowledge ebid has only been in the U.S. for 3 years, so of course it's not as well known here as it is overseas. As for promoting your store, I don't have a problem with that. I contacted my old buyers to let them know where I landed, I list my items on Craig's List with a link to my ebid store, and I post items on my facebook account. I don't mind doing that because the fees I pay here are next to nothing. I made my lifetime fee back within the first 2 months of joining ebid, so now it costs me nothing to list. Granted I don't need the money to feed my family...I am a hobby seller...but I have found that when I list things 'over there' most don't sell there either. So I'm content with ebid and will stick it out. I truly believe that as ebid gets more well known....via word of mouth...the buyers will find us.

P.S. One more thing I do to promote my store...should I sell an item elsewhere, I include a note about my ebid stores. I've made several sales that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinakarenmille View Post
    Treasure

How many items do you have for sale?.
    I can only find one item of yours.
    Good catch. I'm in the U.S. and can see all of his listings.

Really should consider selling internationally, it does increase the customer base quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinakarenmille View Post
    Treasure

How many items do you have for sale?.
    I can only find one item of yours.
    Yes , that would be correct and when the auto reposts expire on that one then you'll see none. Over a month ago I added several new items and offered international shipping on all of those plus changed a few existing ones and nadda, zip, zilch. Given the items I offer, including some of the clothing I recently added, either the shipping costs preculde international interest or the styles don't suit them. I understand that offering products on an international basis COULD expand selling horizons but the issue is being able to expand my customer base on eBid on both sides of the pond and I haven't had ANY luck on either. Maybe someday when eBid better understands how to market their site things will come around for U.S. buyers and sellers alike. Until then, I continue to maintain my listings since I have paid for that with the Seller+ Lifetime membership and continue to collect my sales and revenue from the big show next door.
    Last edited by TreasureLoft; 23rd November 2010 at 12:32 AM.
    Low Prices on Brand New Top Quality Luggage, Leathers, Bags, Cookware and more!!

Click The Banner Below To Our "All About" Page And Find All Our Clickable Store Links There

Forum Newbie
    All-About pursesavings
    View pursesavings's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Come on US ebiders - we need more listings !

eBid needs to attract new buyers and sellers period through advertising efforts! I've had 59 views but not one buyer inquiry or sell on my listing on ebid. On another site, I've already had three buyer inquiries and one sell but that one sell felled through this morning because the buyer insisted on paying for the item using PayPal for the item be sent to a different physical mailing address other than their own. I've stated to them that I wouldn't accept PayPal from them since they were requesting that the item be sent to a different mailing address in a different country.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pursesavings View Post
    eBid needs to attract new buyers and sellers period through advertising efforts! I've had 59 views but not one buyer inquiry or sell on my listing on ebid. On another site, I've already had three buyer inquiries and one sell but that one sell felled through this morning because the buyer insisted on paying for the item using PayPal for the item be sent to a different physical mailing address other than their own. I've stated to them that I wouldn't accept PayPal from them since they were requesting that the item be sent to a different mailing address in a different country.
    Which other sites do any advertising ?

None of them do, as they charge low or no fees, so they don't have the cash.
    The other site you are selling on may be full of scam buyers !
    Ebid buyers seem to be much better.

I get hundreds of views and no sales (not sells)
    Then every now and then I get sale (not sell) and its usually from a forum member.

Forum Newbie
    View mullaghmore's Feedback (+7307)
    All-About mullaghmore
    View mullaghmore's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lots of lookers..no buyers....what a wonderful site!

I'm a bit puzzled. When members say in their posts that their items are getting a lot of views, but no one is buying, that means people are already finding us. If that's the case, advertising by eBid would only get more people to come here, look, and leave. Isn't is up to the seller to get them to buy after they find us?

Thread Information