eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Come on US ebiders - we need more listings !

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    I would have thought that collectables would be one category that suited auctions !

Eg if I want a computer part or a consumer item, I want it now and will just find one and buy it, I am not going to bid for it.
    I suppose it's an individual thing. If I see something I want, and the price is fair, I'll buy it. I tried auctions a few times, made my top bid, and got outbid, so I just don't bother anymore. Takes too much time to keep going back and bidding in tiny increments. Provided I even remember.

The few times I tried auctions on #*&Bay, the final price wasn't near what the items were worth, possibly because the people who might have paid more didn't see them. We've done much better with BIN.

Maybe bidding on auctions is some kind of sport, and not everyone plays. (I want the big green grin back!)

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

I often trawl auctions for stuff 'that may come in handy later' or spares for my cars.If I see something I fancy I put a bid in at what I consider a good price (for me) and leave it.I dont get into bidding wars and if I win great,if I lose so what.
    I've ended up with some good bargains that way and it's a nice suprise when (and if) you get the e-mail to say you've won.
    It's no good for stuff I need in a hurry,just for 'having a dabble'.
    I've never bought anything thats listed as run till sold and now don't even bother to scroll down any further as soon as I reach the first one,but auctions do have a place although to be frank my experience with using them to sell on Ebid has been a waste of time.

I still have 6 days 7 hours left on my first 7 day auction and yet I have already received the first bid for my item. My policy is that I let the customer decide what the product is worth to them. And when I searched eBid US, nobody else was selling the exact same inventory. I've been advertising on twitter and facebook and it seems to be paying off. I'm ok if it sells for the beginning auction price because either way, shipping is covered by the customer.

Yes, I hope to see lots of listers and bidders from both the U.S. and Canada.

Auction vs BIN? I used to enjoy some of the auctions on the dark side. But it was mostly items for family history / scrapbooking etc that I was bidding on. Postcards and the like. Auctions for the collectables were fun. But, for other items I prefer to just buy it now.

Baby4 ... keep on bringing the traffic here. Congrats on the sale. :-)

http://www.reallysmartdeals.com?r=58822

Try that link above ...you surf each others products to get yours seen plus they advertise alot of places for you i have been doing it now for about 4 yrs and it has helped get my stuff out there and noticed and have had some sales from it also ..
    Just a idea for you that is how we have to work a little bit harder than when we were on the Bay..

Julie you are really cute......haaha.....I'm gonna list more items soon.....

Forum Lurker
    View jlh1973mu's Feedback (+891)
    All-About jlh1973mu
    View jlh1973mu's Listings
    Forum Posts

Listing...been gone a little while.

Also if you customers from another site...send them buddy emails

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Doing my best, unfortunately I'm a bit of a snail when it comes to listings. Oh well, snails do reach their destinations eventually, if nobody steps on them in the meantime.

Told my friends about eBid and have a mention on my Pogo profile, I figure it can't hurt and might just help as that's a big game site with global membership.

Best wishes and many sales to all,

Oh my gosh, I'd forgotten all about Pogo! Used to love a couple of their games, but then I got busy with a lot of other things.

Like adding more listings to eBid. Which reminds me of those boxes in the living room. Sigh . . .

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unfortunately I like to Pogo more than I like to list!!!
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

Thread Information