eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Come on US ebiders - we need more listings !

Quote Originally Posted by tmbz View Post
    Ebid is a very good, economical site to sell things. But, nobody stops by the auctions! I've had over 100 auctions, and I've only sold 6 items. My last few auctions haven't even had any viewers! I don't want to leave ebid, but, I feel I'm just wasting my time, hoping for bidders who never show up.
    I used to sell at ebay, but they've made so many rules, and their fees keep rising, I just said enough. But at least your auctions were more successful.
    WHERE ARE THE BUYERS?
    Ah little grasshopper, illogical thinking and conclusion to your problem!

No traffic? Check google. Need buy it now to have ebid download your listings to google, AND you should set your automatic relists at 10 to show google you mean your items to stay there until sold. Check titles/descriptions for good solid keywords, something you did not have to do on feebay.

No sales (But traffic?): Something wrong in your listings, i.e. bad policies, missing photos, missing descriptions, etc, keeping buyers away. Changes must be made.

No sales (no traffic): You need to check google AND your listings for problems.

Logic is this: ebid downloads BIN to google continually. Google is the largest search engine and gets the most daily visits (even more than feebay). So potential is for heavy traffic to your listings. If not, something is wrong. Change it.

It is up to you to figure out what is missing and fix it. We went thru the very same thing and pooled our knowledge, putting it on the forums for all to see. Look up the selling hints, apply them and the sales will come. Members will also help analyze if you can't find the problem.

Secret here is that the buyers are different. They are NOT feebay buyers. If you are using feebay techniques, listings, prices, that is not appealing to these very professional google shoppers. They don't fall for the low price/high shipping. They want good pictures, good prices, etc. NOT FEEBAY LISTINGS. The tips we give you will teach you how to cater to these new buyers and make daily sales.

So do a little research, and if you can't quite find the problem, ask anyone, we will be glad to help you.

Thank you for your input, but HOW do you work at it a bit? I sell coins. I list them at only 50% of their CoinValues magazine price. I can't use PCGS.com, because those prices are only for PCGS certified coins. I've seen auctions where people get 60 or 70 viewers, but unfortunately, they get no bids. If people don't even look at your auctions, then how can we ever expect to get a bid?
    I looked at your auctions (total of 2):

no BUY IT NOW (no google search)

no Paypal accepted (99% of my sellers pay that way)

no shipping discount for multiples (google shoppers love em)

high shipping ($3 for a coin???????)

iffy policy (you need money order but may take check???)

your titles don't include keywork of what you sell i.e. dime/nickel. needed for searches

All of the above are deal breakers. Who would send a coin dealer money without protection of PP? Who will find your nickels on google searches if you don't put nickel in title?

See how it works?

Thank you for your input, but HOW do you work at it a bit? I sell coins. I list them at only 50% of their CoinValues magazine price. I can't use PCGS.com, because those prices are only for PCGS certified coins. I've seen auctions where people get 60 or 70 viewers, but unfortunately, they get no bids. If people don't even look at your auctions, then how can we ever expect to get a bid?
    Coins were my best-selling item until I got our Stamp Shop going. First, I listed every coin I had, included gallery pictures, and set a Buy Now price for each. We don't bother with auctions. If someone wants a specific coin, they'll find it through Google. But, it may take a long time before the right buyer comes along. So, list every coin you have, read Delta's advice, and be patient. Remember, it doesn't cost us anything to wait.

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

So if what you are saying is true, then auctions are dead

I still wonder why google will not post Auctions, as they used to for ebay?

We used nothing more than auctions and we got a hell of a lot of sales from google.

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

I tried some auctions with no reserve on here and didn't get a single bid,I put them you know where and they sold,and sold well..
    Buy it now seems to work well enough here but auctions (in my experience) are a dead loss.
    However,other people do OK so,once again what works for one may or may not work for another.

Ebid is a very good, economical site to sell things. But, nobody stops by the auctions! I've had over 100 auctions, and I've only sold 6 items. My last few auctions haven't even had any viewers! I don't want to leave ebid, but, I feel I'm just wasting my time, hoping for bidders who never show up.
    I used to sell at ebay, but they've made so many rules, and their fees keep rising, I just said enough. But at least your auctions were more successful.
    WHERE ARE THE BUYERS?
    I think the problem is you guys don't know how to market very well. I'm not trying to be mean, but some of you seem to assume people are going to automatically see your auctions. They won't. Leverage the power of twitter, facebook, yahoo meme, and myspace and even hubpages and I think you'll see your sales improve. Marketing is more important than you know. By the way, since eBid is somewhat less popular, it gives you a better chance to find a niche on here before someone else does. I know I was looking for something on here today, and I couldn't find it and a lightbulb went off: OPPORTUNITY.

There is a lot of very good information posted in this thread!

I am in US and very soon I will be upgrading to lifetime seller and listing a lot of items for sale; books, vinyl LPs, collectables, games, and varied stuff.

Oh and tmbz - as a result of your posts here I took a look at your auctions and just placed a bid on one of them - so auctions aren't completely dead here
    Last edited by oldhillbilly; 29th June 2010 at 05:30 PM.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@tmbz

Unfortunately you cant have it both ways. (nor can we all)
    The other-side keeps raising their fees, but you don't sell so much here, with lower fees.
    You say you have sold 6 items out of 100.
    At least that is some sales, keep going.

I used to get lots of views, but only a few sales, then I realised that my listings were useless, with far too little information.

For a start your About Me page has nothing about you !

Hi Julie, i can see your point, however, i regularly look at the number of listings here by hitting the "buy" button, and over the last week the number of listings have really gone up, as have the number of stores. our own amount of listings have gone down a bit, only because of sales. we have much more to list, but....but, we are at the moment, preparing for what we hope will be a big influx of new buyers to ebid by sponsoring some online competitions on a blog site, thus getting promotion and advertising worldwide, including kiwi land. the first comp starts next week and we have been busy designing new lines aimed at this blogsite and sponsors market. the winners of the comp will have to choose their prize from our listings in ebid (no where else), thus hopefully all competetors will look around to see what they can win, and at the same time browse ebid, i would think some of them may dread spilling their tea/ coffee over their desks, so they may just need a mug holder...... i think they are great, and at my age am getting a bit shaky, so when i have saved up you may just get an order

Feel free to browse my stores

http://hobbyhabitat.ebid.net All things crafty
    http://plain-and-purl.ebid.net Knitting Patterns
    http://floating-buy.ebid.net Fishing Tackle

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Hi Guys

On the PSU listings site, ebid is currenty ranked fourth in US listings. We are fast being caught up by the 5th one, and at the present rate of low listings growth for ebid, they will soon over take us.

That is not good, Being 4th is better than being 5th !

A lot of people make their decision as to what site to join based on these PSU figures. I know a lot of you don't think so, but many do, and it is the the ones that are on feeebay and looking for a new home that we want to get.

I would get more listed if I would quit checking the forums! I'm up to 320 and have pictures ready to put more on.

Thread Information