eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Come on US ebiders - we need more listings !

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Come on US ebiders - we need more listings !

Hi Guys

On the PSU listings site, ebid is currenty ranked fourth in US listings. We are fast being caught up by the 5th one, and at the present rate of low listings growth for ebid, they will soon over take us.

That is not good, Being 4th is better than being 5th !

A lot of people make their decision as to what site to join based on these PSU figures. I know a lot of you don't think so, but many do, and it is the the ones that are on feeebay and looking for a new home that we want to get.

I don't think many people would join at site that was 20th ! with hardly any listings.

So come on USA ebidders - you have the Ninja ! lets try to catch up number 2 and 3.

And we need more listings in many categories that are very empty, computer software, cellphones, digital cameras, car parts, motor bike parts.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

PowersellersUnite.

Its one of only two websites I know that keep a track of auction sites listings numbers.

Here's a link

http://www.powersellersunite.com/auctionsitewatch.php

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    So come on USA ebidders - you have the Ninja ! lets try to catch up number 2 and 3.
    Nothing to stop you adding more listings yourself, as long as they are available to the USA, they will show in the US site count.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Newbie
    View tmbz's Feedback (+745)
    All-About tmbz
    View tmbz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy Where are the buyers?

Ebid is a very good, economical site to sell things. But, nobody stops by the auctions! I've had over 100 auctions, and I've only sold 6 items. My last few auctions haven't even had any viewers! I don't want to leave ebid, but, I feel I'm just wasting my time, hoping for bidders who never show up.
    I used to sell at ebay, but they've made so many rules, and their fees keep rising, I just said enough. But at least your auctions were more successful.
    WHERE ARE THE BUYERS?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

You can't just list and hope here, you have to work at it a bit. Have a read of all great advice in the forums.

Forum Newbie
    All-About tmbz
    View tmbz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you for your input, but HOW do you work at it a bit? I sell coins. I list them at only 50% of their CoinValues magazine price. I can't use PCGS.com, because those prices are only for PCGS certified coins. I've seen auctions where people get 60 or 70 viewers, but unfortunately, they get no bids. If people don't even look at your auctions, then how can we ever expect to get a bid?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tmbz View Post
    Thank you for your input, but HOW do you work at it a bit? I sell coins. I list them at only 50% of their CoinValues magazine price. I can't use PCGS.com, because those prices are only for PCGS certified coins. I've seen auctions where people get 60 or 70 viewers, but unfortunately, they get no bids. If people don't even look at your auctions, then how can we ever expect to get a bid?
    That's why I suggested reading the forums for all the great advice that exists here. I'm not just trying to be a smart-alec, honest! There really is a massive amount of guidance on how to make this site work best for you, and since you've only just posted here I assumed you hadn't read any of it. It's a fabulous resource, make the most of it. And sorry, but I'm not about to sit here and regurgitate all the stuff that's already been said a hundred times, but there are plenty of ebidders who have more patience than me who will probably be along in a minute. So don't throw the towel in just yet!

Forum Newbie
    All-About tmbz
    View tmbz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Thank you bykimbo. I'll start reading it. Maybe it will help me. It couldn't hurt.

Thread Information