My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Feedback emails

Exclamation Feedback emails

OK you decided to bring in the feedback auto request. Even though I still feel it interferes with a transaction.

Anyway, I have my tick boxes unticked (see image 2 below) but I am still being sent emails saying that feedback is "Required" (see image 1.

So not only can you sort this bug out, can you also look at the email title as "Feedback Required" is not accurate and I find slightly aggressive. I do not require my buyers to leave feedback, so do not like eBid saying in the subject line that feedback is required.

If eBid still want to send these reminders (although I don't agree with it) then please make the subject line more relevant and factual, something like "Would you like to leave feedback"

But please stop sending these emails to me as I don't want them and have the relevant boxes unticked, this is not the 1st time, but it is the first time I have bothered getting some screen shots
    Name:  fb1.JPG
Views: 42
Size:  64.6 KB

Name:  fb2.JPG
Views: 44
Size:  56.0 KB
    Last edited by raindropsies; 28th May 2010 at 01:09 PM.

Also just noticed
    We would appreciate you leaving feedback
    Who is the "we"? It ain't me

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, the heading could be better phrased, but it is a worthwhile facility. On feebay users give feedback quickly but on eBid it seems to be intermittent - for example I have one user who has bought during the last 6 months over 200 items from me but never once given a feedback despite me personally reminding him. Maybe an article in the next eBid Newsletter highlighting the need for users to (always?) give constructive and fair feedback might help.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Rainy, couldn't agree more with all of that. This really needs to be completely voluntary if it must exist, and the wording needs either to be far more friendly, or we need to be able to alter it ourselves.

I agree entirely with both Raindropsie & Kimbo. Feedback must be a voluntary thing and people should not be pestered by demanding emails.

I leave feedback once I have been paid and sent out item or when I have received purchases, not until. But if my customers don't leave feed back then that's up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by booksntings View Post
    I agree entirely with both Raindropsie & Kimbo. Feedback must be a voluntary thing and people should not be pestered by demanding emails.

I leave feedback once I have been paid and sent out item or when I have received purchases, not until. But if my customers don't leave feed back then that's up to them.
    Yes, I agree.
    If buyers don't leave feedback straight away they probably aren't going to, and no amount of personalised or automated emails requests is going to make them change their minds.

For DVDs at great prices!

Fountain DVD - For DVDs
    Fountain Bazaar - For everything else

There are 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that don't !

Quote Originally Posted by bunsock View Post
    Yes, the heading could be better phrased, but it is a worthwhile facility. On feebay users give feedback quickly but on eBid it seems to be intermittent - for example I have one user who has bought during the last 6 months over 200 items from me but never once given a feedback despite me personally reminding him. Maybe an article in the next eBid Newsletter highlighting the need for users to (always?) give constructive and fair feedback might help.
    May be for some but not me, hence why I opt out of getting them but still get them.

Users do not need to given feedback in any shape or form and if eBid continue to make it look as though it is then that will simply keep putting some type of users off and stop them returning.

Some comment from admin would be good on this matter as it is and will continue to effect people returning.

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't disagree but the other side of the argument is that a good, well used Feedback system helps to promote a safe trading environment. eBid has a much better and fairer feedback system than greedbay but it does need to be used & I would like to see it better promoted in the Newsletter

Thread Information