My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Ninja big time consuming bug & urgent suggestion

Exclamation Ninja big time consuming bug & urgent suggestion

today I've been using the ninja, I had 11 sets set up with a total of 697 auctions

Half way through getting them correct I lost the whole lot as it stopped working and got closed without saving as it had stopped working.

this cost me 2+ hours work.

We really need an option to save things without having to close it whilst working, a simple save current content would do for me but it's really off putting when you lose a lot of work with no way to back it up.

I can imagine that if it happened to a newbie, then they might well be more annoyed and simply not try again.

So please can we have a save current content, or even better an automatic save content after every time a new auction has been pressed as save

Forum Diehard
    View JJcards's Feedback (+1672)
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

Happened to me my second time uploading,had about 125 items then poof froze and they were gone,now I find it easier to do 20-30 at a time,no worries on my next listing freezing it up and shutting me down.

Also while were on the subject did you notice on the nl since the addition of the 2 new countries there is no check marks for them in the shipping,I still have to go to uploaded items and switch the shipping,hope they get around to that soon

Sorry if I got off your topic but thought I should bring it up in case you hadN,t noticed it as changing 20 items or so is not too bad but when you get in the 100s and then have to go back to change shipping on each especially if they do not all have the same shipping charge,well even more time down the tubes

Btw I agree an option to save progress as you go would be ideal

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

It really does need a backup option. I'm sure I have suggested it before.

Until it does you can create your own by starting it from a shortcut that runs a batch file and does a copy of the database before it starts NL proper. At least that way the worst case scenario would be that you would only lose the current session's work.

If you wanted to get fancy you could set up a schedule to automatically back up the data files every few minutes.

Gazza I know the back up thing is there when exiting the application, but I think you need to add a save button, I've downloaded 0.99.2 and no save tab/button etc shown so we still have to exit it to save

Thread Information