Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slowly migrating!

View knitandpurl's Feedback (+58)
    All-About knitandpurl
    View knitandpurl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Glad to be of help. Good luck with your sales. You can get some very good selling tips on the forums. Any problems there is always some-one willing to help you.

Welcome to ebid!!

One more correction. People are not slowly migrating here, it is more like a stampede! Many joining daily, it is like old home week when you start to look around and realize how many of your selling buddies have come over too!!

Forum Newbie
    Quarry Bank, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View usavillas's Feedback (+2)
    All-About usavillas
    View usavillas's Listings
    Forum Posts

I too am new to ebid having been on ebay since 2002. Only sold bits and pieces BUT needed to get rid of fabric (I am a quilter and go to USA a lot so buy it all there). Went MAD on ebay when their "list for free" weekend - put on loads of FQs and then was told I should be a "business" and would not be allowed to put any more on till I had registered. No point in that as I dont sell anything I make only fabric I need to get rid of! They said I had "multiple items" and didnt realise that I bought in 6 yards (enough for back of a quilt) and that gave me 24 Fqs to get rid of! SO lets see how ebid does for me, everyone else seems very happy. Steph

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    "But that is what you get with all companies once they get to be a huge corporation. No communication, no friendliness etc etc."

If I get to be a big corporation and a multi millionaire,I promise to stay friendly and communicate !!

And when you are a billionaire, also retain common sense and a little fear in your bones too. That is what is lacking in our dear feebay. Seem to have gone past point of thinking "what if this screwy idea does not work"? Instead they say "what's not to work, good idea". i.e. new selling rules. i.e. Fashion site and classified, just same old same old clothes listings billed as designer, and classified are selling live goats for goodness sake. That is good thinking?

You can be sure that when you make the big time, we would follow you around (to pick up the stray change you drop) and to keep you humble!

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

"Be kind to those you pass on the ladder going up.You might meet them again on your way down".
    Something greedbay should think about.
    (And if I do get to be a billion,or million-aire,I'll try and remember too).

Quote Originally Posted by usavillas View Post
    I too am new to ebid having been on ebay since 2002. Only sold bits and pieces BUT needed to get rid of fabric (I am a quilter and go to USA a lot so buy it all there). Went MAD on ebay when their "list for free" weekend - put on loads of FQs and then was told I should be a "business" and would not be allowed to put any more on till I had registered. No point in that as I dont sell anything I make only fabric I need to get rid of! They said I had "multiple items" and didnt realise that I bought in 6 yards (enough for back of a quilt) and that gave me 24 Fqs to get rid of! SO lets see how ebid does for me, everyone else seems very happy. Steph
    Welcome Steph. I love looking at and buying fabric.
    https://sew-much-to-see.ebid.net
    https://dellswear.ebid.net
    https://the-dolls-boutique.ebid.net

Thread Information