My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 90 Days is far to long

If question is on retaining a list of SOLD items for 75 or 90 days or more, I am for leaving it as is or increasing it to 90 days or 4 months or more. Very handy to check on sales.

If someone sells seasonal things, I don't think they would retain them on the sold list anyway would they? So maybe people are talking about the UNSOLD list.
    I am for increasing the length that the unsolds are kept. Since I use 7 day auctions, x 10 auto relists, I have only a small window of opportunity of retrieving it from the unsolds and relisting it if I forget/skip one.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning folks , I can see merits in some of the answers , but what I am saying is...if a member has an item up for sale....then decides it is not for sale or breaks it ....and they want to remove the picture from their gallery , they can not do so for 90 days...it really makes no difference to me , just thought it was a waste of space on the site....Astral , I think it is still 90 days as this is what it said when |I tried to remove some pics....but I do seem to recall the 75 day thing ?....papa.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by papagran40 View Post
    .Astral , I think it is still 90 days as this is what it said when |I tried to remove some pics....but I do seem to recall the 75 day thing ?....papa.
    I believe it does still say that, there are conflicts between 75 and 90 days in various places on the site, but in practice it is not 90 days. I monitored some images in My Gallery to see just when they were automatically removed. It was not exactly 75 days - I think it was 78 days. I put the difference down to archiving not being carried out every day.

The actual message regarding deletion of images is rather pointless as:

1. You can't delete an image until the last active listing that references the image is archived.
    2. Once the last active listing that references the image is archived the image is deleted automatically anyway.

Thread Information