eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Why has ebid dropped a huge 400,000 listings ?

I agree RTS is not the best idea but there are times and reasons when it is better than removing your listings from the site while doing other things not related to listing/selling

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ebid on PSU (which is the USA listings) has just dropped another 100,000 in two days.

There is another auction listing site, they have more sites listed than PSU, but two of the biggest are listed but with no figures (they are down at the bottom)

http://www.auctionnews.org/sitewatch/index.php

I suppose it is ebid having another USA clean out ! (or they had some good sales over 4th of July day!)

I am going to watch the UK figures to see if they do the same !

Anyway I added a couple more items yesterday. I cannot add many as I only have one product in several colours and styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Ebid on PSU (which is the USA listings) has just dropped another 100,000 in two days.

There is another auction listing site, they have more sites listed than PSU, but two of the biggest are listed but with no figures (they are down at the bottom)

http://www.auctionnews.org/sitewatch/index.php

I suppose it is ebid having another USA clean out ! (or they had some good sales over 4th of July day!)

I am going to watch the UK figures to see if they do the same !

Anyway I added a couple more items yesterday. I cannot add many as I only have one product in several colours and styles.
    Looks like Betamonline is stocktaking again, he usually relists in a few days.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Master
    View poppa501's Feedback (+642)
    All-About poppa501
    View poppa501's Listings
    Forum Posts

Here is an interesting comparison site that you may want to check out. Has eBid listed as #2.
    http://online-auction-sites.toptenreviews.com/

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@poppa

Yes I had seen that site a long time ago, thanks for bringing it to my attention again.

It has quite a few errors
    Eg it shows screen shots of the old ebid
    It shows online auctions as having the same user base as ebid
    And its average number of auctions are miles out for many of the sites.
    Do they mean "auctions" or listings ?

But still it does show people that there are alternatives out there.

And it has quite a high Alexa rating, which means that quite a few people visit it

Forum Newbie
    View Heruur's Feedback (+180)
    All-About Heruur
    View Heruur's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have heard that paypal is freezing accounts of users that use it's services for ebid and other sites that compete with ebay, to eliminate competition. A lot of ebay power sellers moved to ebid to try it, only to get their Pay pal accounts frozen. They froze mine after a major purchace from a buyer on ebid. They are using the excuse that it may be a "security risk"
    Heruur Electronic Specialties Co.
    ~If you can DREAM of it We can build it!~
    http://us.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...arch&type=user

Quote Originally Posted by Heruur View Post
    I have heard that paypal is freezing accounts of users that use it's services for ebid and other sites that compete with ebay, to eliminate competition. A lot of ebay power sellers moved to ebid to try it, only to get their Pay pal accounts frozen. They froze mine after a major purchace from a buyer on ebid. They are using the excuse that it may be a "security risk"
    How long is your account frozen for?

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

If this is true Paypal are taking a huge risk,they are already being sued for witholding funds and to do so again on the grounds mentioned would open the flood gates to more actions.
    Paypal has competition in the form of google checkout etc and to risk alientating huge numbers of customers in this way is pretty ludicrous,after all they are still making money on the transaction if its on ebid or ebay or anywhere else for that matter.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

As PayPal is branching out and asking other websites to use their services they are unlikely to be taking the action described above.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

If this is so, it is counterproductive to PP's plan to be used on many many other sites and expanding its customer base significantly.

But since PP is the only reason poor old feebay is now showing a smidge of profit, would not surprise me they would attempt to "save" their former feebay customers from financial harm by holding accounts!

Thread Information