eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Why has ebid dropped a huge 400,000 listings ?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    For the record, two of the last three items we sold were very low-priced Run Until Sold stamps. Both buyers were brand new eBid members. Other people have said that low-priced items are a good way to attract people to eBid; they can test the waters without risking a lot of money. I sometimes feel I'm wasting my time even bothering to list them; then someone buys one of them.
    If one of your low price items pulls somebody in, who then wanders into my store and buys from me instead, you are definitely not wasting your time.

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'd agree with the other poster about listing 'waste of time' items.Sometimes the things you think wont sell go quickly and the 'bread and butter stuff' sticks.One mans meat etc.
    I've noticed most of my buyers are new to ebid,I try and treat them well and hope they then go on to buy some more stuff from me or other sellers.
    If they do,commission cheques or better still cash in brown envelopes would be very welcome and help my ambition of retiring to some sunny shore.

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    I'd agree with the other poster about listing 'waste of time' items.Sometimes the things you think wont sell go quickly and the 'bread and butter stuff' sticks.One mans meat etc.
    I've noticed most of my buyers are new to ebid,I try and treat them well and hope they then go on to buy some more stuff from me or other sellers.
    If they do,commission cheques or better still cash in brown envelopes would be very welcome and help my ambition of retiring to some sunny shore.
    I needed a laugh today. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    That's a great idea! We could set up a system where the first seller to a new member gets a commission for subsequent sales. We've got about 40 buyers with their first feedback from me or my daughter.

Of course, if they come in to browse one of our stores, don't buy, but go to someone else's and buy . . . Nope, won't work. Oh, well.

We'll have to settle for brownie points for good works.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    And yes a high rating on PSU does matter inmo as it will obviuosly influence sellers from the dark side who are looking for a place to go.

People will naturally want to go where there are plenty of other people.
    The PSU chart may be relevant for people in the US, but it's much less so for the rest of us.

Many of the sites on it don't really cater for non US sellers at all, & it has some sites missing which you would really expect to see there if it was truly international.

Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    The PSU chart may be relevant for people in the US, but it's much less so for the rest of us.

Many of the sites on it don't really cater for non US sellers at all, & it has some sites missing which you would really expect to see there if it was truly international.

I sold on eby for years before moving here, and never looked at PSU at all until well after I'd made that move. I'm quite impressed, though, with what a good job they've made of convincing their members how important they are. If nothing else we could all learn from their PR example.

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm a little puzzled

Should people not be signing in at least once a week just in case of sales?

Also those that need to relist or make changes, is Ninja lister not helping with that?

Quote Originally Posted by hotandvintage View Post
    I'm a little puzzled

Should people not be signing in at least once a week just in case of sales?

Also those that need to relist or make changes, is Ninja lister not helping with that?
    Unfortunately, it's possible to be an active seller here by paying attention to email only. We get an email when an item sells, and another when PayPal or GoogleCheckout gets the payment. If all the seller's auctions are Run Until Sold, if the seller doesn't accept checks or money orders, and if they don't ever leave feedback, the entire transaction can be handled without logging on to eBid.

Of course, most of us think the AAL is more convenient. And most of us leave feedback for good buyers.

I have to agree with Tia.... all my listings are RTS at the moment as I have other things taking my time up for now, but I get emails when something sells.... mind you I do also log in most days... but I dont have to, if you see what I mean

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

I wonder if RTS is a good idea ?
    When I was on feebay, those good till sold listings never got looked at !
    Here on ebid, I Use BIN now for 7 days, and my listings seem to get quite a few views as they rise up to the top of the category pages.

Thread Information