eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Why has ebid dropped a huge 400,000 listings ?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Shame someone did not start a new thread about run till solds and logging in. It is obviously an important topic.
    So important that there have already been dozens of threads posted. Have a look round all the discussion posted before you joined us if you're interested in the subject - new views are always welcome however old the topic.

And no one has given a definitive answer as to why ebid's listings have dropped by 400,000.
    You've been given a lot of likely answers, but only ebid themselves can be definitive about anything here, and they don't join in the chit chat too often.

And yes a high rating on PSU does matter inmo as it will obviuosly influence sellers from the dark side who are looking for a place to go.
    Maybe. I've never been convinced by PSU's influence.

People will naturally want to go where there are plenty of other people.

And off topic (Deadwood was a great program as was Lovejoy !)
    I've never heard of Deadwood, but watched a few episodes of Lovejoy. Ian McShane IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Shame someone did not start a new thread about run till solds and logging in. It is obviously an important topic.

And no one has given a definitive answer as to why ebid's listings have dropped by 400,000.

And yes a high rating on PSU does matter inmo as it will obviuosly influence sellers from the dark side who are looking for a place to go.

People will naturally want to go where there are plenty of other people.

And off topic (Deadwood was a great program as was Lovejoy !)
    I think you attach too much importance to PSU. It doesn't include all of the sites out there. There are selling sites far bigger than eBid that are not on PSU. The amount of listings isn't that important anyway, it's the amount of sales surely

For somebody with 8 auctions running, you seem overly concerned about listings numbers

I happened to recently bump into Dudley Sutton who played Tink in Lovejoy. He was milling around Queens Square in Bristol. He's currently in a play here. Lovely fella.

That aside i've tried most of the sites on the PSU list and this is the one that suits me most with the best results. And since the listings drop on ebid i've been gaining more sales. Coincidence or not it doesn't really matter.

I guess less DEADWOOD (not the Ian McShane kind) there is cluttering the site the easier it is for buyers to find what they want

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    The feature is there to use and has purpose. Shows there is a danger in painting everyone with the same brush. Any changes will create more work for good sellers.
    Actually, it wouldn't cause more work for this seller, because if Run Until Sold is dropped, and our listings are cancelled, we simply won't relist them. As I said before, it just wouldn't be worth the work.

There would be another drop in the total listings, but it would not be from having deadwood cleared out.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    Actually, it wouldn't cause more work for this seller, because if Run Until Sold is dropped, and our listings are cancelled, we simply won't relist them. As I said before, it just wouldn't be worth the work.

There would be another drop in the total listings, but it would not be from having deadwood cleared out.
    I'm sure you're not alone. I would like to think that ebid management realise that run till sold is an advantage
    - a unique selling point - but that other housekeeping is needed to keep it working to the site's advantage as well as the sellers.

Forum Newbie
    View wist4patterns's Feedback (+10663)
    All-About wist4patterns
    View wist4patterns's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have been watching the listing numbers at PSU for quite a while too but one thing that, I myself believe is more important than the number of listings running, is the actual amount of listings that have been completed themselves.

Just because eBid might not have as many listed numbers doesn't mean that it isn't the hopping place right now - I have been getting more sales as I am listing more .... so I think it's a little of each both ways. It won't sell if it's not listed and if it means that the boys have to clear out the deadwood in order for the live growth to be seen - go for it.

As for the run til sold items - I have near 1000 of them listed - I didn't learn early enough that the exposure on Google came from the repost 10 times I have changed a lot of my listings each day ( whether it be 10 or 100 a day ) but I am changing them. The views are getting higher and even listing new items I have folks checking them out within minutes while I am still typing ! A learning curve but a lesson well learned and not soon forgotten Just a happy campber to be here and having fun with my sales

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I'm sure you're not alone. I would like to think that ebid management realise that run till sold is an advantage
    - a unique selling point - but that other housekeeping is needed to keep it working to the site's advantage as well as the sellers.
    That's the important thing isn't it. Unless they do something to control it, they will forever be wasting more and more time cleaning the site up every few months.

Still think the easiest solution is to require sellers to log in after so many days or their stores/items will be put on vacation/hold.

For France the PSU count is totally meaningless - it doesn't include any of the sites that are important here - apart from e*** - and that is by no way the most important name on everyone's lips here!

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I absolutely agree the inactive sellers should be weeded out. They annoy the buyers, steal visibility from the active sellers, and hurt everyone who's trying to make this site a success. All that would be necessary is a requirement to log on once a month.

For the record, two of the last three items we sold were very low-priced Run Until Sold stamps. Both buyers were brand new eBid members. Other people have said that low-priced items are a good way to attract people to eBid; they can test the waters without risking a lot of money. I sometimes feel I'm wasting my time even bothering to list them; then someone buys one of them.

Thread Information