eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Why has ebid dropped a huge 400,000 listings ?

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    No, it isn't an excellent idea. There have been discussions about this in the past on other threads. No one has to use this option, so please leave it alone for those of us who need it.

We have approximately 2,200 listings that will expire and have to be relisted. This is a chore every morning.

We have around 3,000 listings that are run until sold. If we have to relist those, it won't happen. First because we would have to change every single one of them. This would simply take too much time for very low-priced items. We have sold a few, and they do attract buyers to eBid, but it wouldn't be worth the work to relist them all.

We are not the only store that uses this. There is a seller here with over 10,000 items, all run-until-sold, and he IS active.
    Well said. You use the feature to advantage, and are certainly not a dump and run seller. The feature is there to use and has purpose.

Shows there is a danger in painting everyone with the same brush. Any changes will create more work for good sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by theretrotrader View Post
    Well i don't believe it's necessary to 'boot' someone off ebid if they are not tending their listings. Just simply remove the listings (not the seller).

Still trying to think of what skills i can bring to the table of perversity.
    Or simply put them all on some sort of vacation hold until seller comes back and asks them to be unlocked. People can look but can't buy. Seller can display but can't sell. If its a mistake, it is easily changed by administration.

You make a good point about punishing the seller. Many many people have come back to ebid. We see this all the time, they joined years ago and now are back to seriously trade. Give them a chance.

With my buyer hat on - if I visited here and saw loads of items listed, but I wasnt able to purchase them, I doubt I would give much thought to returning.

Sellers should be signing in once a month or so or their items are ended (NOT deleted - just ended, so they could re-list them easily - 2 clicks can re-list 75 items at a time).

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    With my buyer hat on - if I visited here and saw loads of items listed, but I wasnt able to purchase them, I doubt I would give much thought to returning.

Sellers should be signing in once a month or so or their items are ended (NOT deleted - just ended, so they could re-list them easily - 2 clicks can re-list 75 items at a time).

I think that's the version I side with every time we have this discussion. We need to do something to improve buyer confidence and make completing a successful purchase easier, not more complicated or confusing. Same reason I want scheduled listings hidden, cancellation of orders, and would like a time limit on holiday notices as well while we're on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    This is a much more sensible solution. ESPECIALLY because eBid has now hidden away the "Last Seen" date in a place where no new buyer will ever find it.
    Btw, how do we find the "date last seen" for a seller. I did accidently stumble onto it while checking out a seller who has thousands of listings but is only there once in a while. Can't remember how I found it. My senior moments must be coming closer together now...lol.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View maroy41's Feedback (+1089)
    All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pendipity View Post
    Pesonally I wouldnt like to see a time limit on run till solds, i use a lot of photos in my auctions, and some of my items can take a long while to sell, i would be continually paying for photos on the relists.

I think the log in time limit could be a problem too. as you can only have one id on ebid if you are booted out would you be able to return at a later date when things really go down the pan elsewhere?
    As you are seller+ you only pay for your photo's when your item sells, so you can relist as often as you like.
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    I agree that a sign-in time should be implemented. We have an account with UPS and I just received an email from them that I had not logged in for a certain amount of time. To keep our account active, I had to log in within 10 days. Since I wanted to maintain the account, I logged in.

I have no problem with RTS items, but I don't think it's asking too much for sellers to log in within a reasonable time. If sellers don't log in, their listings should become inactive until they log in again. Seems like a simple solution to me.
    Sounds like a good idea to me Ginny...

Forum Lurker
    View abyorkie's Feedback (+1404)
    All-About abyorkie
    View abyorkie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Slighly different subject but I viewed a listing earlier today and in the box at the bottom (which appears on all posting with various adverts for auctions paypal etc) there were 3 adverts for ebay and how to pay for items bought there.
    Can I ask why? and where do these ads come from? are they system generated? Just seemed strange when most of the ebid community seem to want to get away from feebay.
    Are these ads controlled by ebid? or is this an error on ebids part?

Cheers Alan

Please have a look at my shops, you may find something you like!!
    http://abyorkies-old-manuscripts-ancestry.ebid.net
    http://archibald-thorburns-birds-prints.ebid.net
    http://old-embroidery-transfers.ebid.net
    http://antique-prints.ebid.net
    http://collectables-and-everything-else.ebid.net

I also think its important for a buyer to know that the seller is active, however, if anyone is interested in something in a listing, they can always hit the "contact seller" button, or ask seller a question. although seller+ is a great idea, as with most things good it can sometimes be detrimental, as in absent sellers. as for numbers of listings in the "charts", i have found ebid very busy over the last month, and now sell more here than on the dark side. i,m looking for an australian to bring to the party if thats ok with you all, not that i am a great fan of the aussies, but i,m sure they will bring along a barbie, plus a few tinnies.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Shame someone did not start a new thread about run till solds and logging in. It is obviously an important topic.

And no one has given a definitive answer as to why ebid's listings have dropped by 400,000.

And yes a high rating on PSU does matter inmo as it will obviuosly influence sellers from the dark side who are looking for a place to go.

People will naturally want to go where there are plenty of other people.

And off topic (Deadwood was a great program as was Lovejoy !)

Thread Information