eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Why has ebid dropped a huge 400,000 listings ?

A minimum signing in period of around every 3 months would be reasonable.

Say after 3 months someone has not signed in to their account ebid could send an automated email to the seller asking that they sign into their accounts within 31 days to keep the listings active and show that the seller is still serious about selling on here.

Anyone who wants to still sell on here would sign in. Easy. If they don't receive the request due to having an old email account on here then it's not a problem with removing the sellers listings as they would not receive any notifications if they had sold items or likewise (And i'm sure there's a few on here).

I had given another auction site a crack some time ago but with no luck. I recently received an automated email requesting that i sign in after 14 days or have my listings removed. I decided not to sign back in so i'm guessing my listings do not exist on there any more which sounds reasonable enough.

Now what's the criteria for joining this 'new' perverse group?

Forum Lurker
    View abyorkie's Feedback (+1404)
    All-About abyorkie
    View abyorkie's Listings
    Forum Posts

I see this morning listings are starting to nudge 2 million, but there does seem a lot of variation.
    Some of you guys are real quick off the mark with postings, is this all you do all day?????!!!
    Sorry not to be perverse but if anyone is giving lessons...

Just had a look on't tother site, lot of grumblings about what they are doing so maybe a lot more will come across.

Cheers, Alan

Please have a look at these below, you may find something of interest!

http://abyorkies-old-manuscripts-ancestry.ebid.net
    http://archibald-thorburns-birds-prints.ebid.net
    http://old-embroidery-transfers.ebid.net
    http://antique-prints.ebid.net
    http://collectables-and-everything-else.ebid.net

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would like to see a time limit on Run until sold , But not sure how long it should be...but then I feel 3 months before a log in is TOO LONG...make it month ??? but then I suppose it depends on how the powers that be see this....if they see it...papa.

Forum Lurker
    View Pendipity's Feedback (+191)
    All-About Pendipity
    View Pendipity's Listings
    Forum Posts

Pesonally I wouldnt like to see a time limit on run till solds, i use a lot of photos in my auctions, and some of my items can take a long while to sell, i would be continually paying for photos on the relists.

I think the log in time limit could be a problem too. as you can only have one id on ebid if you are booted out would you be able to return at a later date when things really go down the pan elsewhere?

Well i don't believe it's necessary to 'boot' someone off ebid if they are not tending their listings. Just simply remove the listings (not the seller).

Still trying to think of what skills i can bring to the table of perversity.

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'd have the "seller last seen" notice on EVERY listing, & easy for prospective buyers to see
    It may deter a few from hitting the "buy" button....and PAYING for items that belong to absent sellers.

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Forum Lurker
    View Pendipity's Feedback (+191)
    All-About Pendipity
    View Pendipity's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vonz View Post
    I'd have the "seller last seen" notice on EVERY listing, & easy for prospective buyers to see
    It may deter a few from hitting the "buy" button....and PAYING for items that belong to absent sellers.

Yvonne x
    I agree. I am not sure that i have seen the last seen notice since the revamp? where is it hidden now?

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree the 'run till sold' is a bad idea.It makes the site look stale and some of the stuff or its sellers might have gone AWOL months ago.
    Still if its any consolation,if greedbay trimmed all the dead wood,the scams and the junk their count would drop be millions!.

I agree that a sign-in time should be implemented. We have an account with UPS and I just received an email from them that I had not logged in for a certain amount of time. To keep our account active, I had to log in within 10 days. Since I wanted to maintain the account, I logged in.

I have no problem with RTS items, but I don't think it's asking too much for sellers to log in within a reasonable time. If sellers don't log in, their listings should become inactive until they log in again. Seems like a simple solution to me.

Thread Information