Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: seller able to edit description after buyer purchases item?

Forum Newbie
    All-About bellecosmetics
    View bellecosmetics's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default seller able to edit description after buyer purchases item?

Is this possible as an item I bought is very different from picture and description. However I just looked and bit have been deleted from the listing. I am 100% sure of what it said before as I spent ages reading it and now most of it is the same with 2 sentences gone completely.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Technically it shouldn't be possible to edit a description after a bid has been placed, only add to the end of it - and that would be marked as such.

There is a way I know of whereby a listing could be changed after a bid has been placed. Without knowing the listing you are referring to I cannot check if that has been done and I am not going to explain the method here.

If you have real concerns take them direct to eBid admin via: http://uk.ebid.net/contact.php for them to investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by bellecosmetics View Post
    Is this possible as an item I bought is very different from picture and description. However I just looked and bit have been deleted from the listing. I am 100% sure of what it said before as I spent ages reading it and now most of it is the same with 2 sentences gone completely.
    That is a new one on me maybe contact the ebid support team at support@ebid.net
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post

There is a way I know of whereby a listing could be changed after a bid has been placed.

If that is true it needs to be dealt with and stopped as a matter of urgency.
    The OP needs to inform the boys and put their concern onto 'website glitches' forum.

Any time elapsed between time you found item and when you placed the bid? Seller could have noticed a mistake and erased the lines, then you came back and put in the bid? Stranger things have happened.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    If that is true it needs to be dealt with and stopped as a matter of urgency.
    The OP needs to inform the boys and put their concern onto 'website glitches' forum.
    I don't think this is the specific method Astral's referring to, so I'm not giving away what he wanted kept quiet*...

But think about self-hosted images. Then think about making an image with text in it. Then think about if you want to completely ban all self-hosted images and penalise every honest seller here by not allowing them because somebody crooked *might* decide to put their description in an image.

*But if I am, well sorry, but this needed to be said.

Wasn't this a glitch before that was taken care off.

Thread Information