Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Is there a market for finished cross stitch?

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Is there a market for finished cross stitch?

Evening peeps

Is their a market for completely finished cross stitch pieces?
    A friend of mine is after selling some "works of art" that were made for her about 20 years ago

There are 8 pictures in all....Henry viii, 6 wives & Elizabeth 1st.
    All framed, glazed etc. & each one measures 27" x 23".

I've found the latest "kits" on stitchdirect....and they are over £37 each! Add to that the cost of stretching, mounting, frames etc. and they should be worth a fair amount of money....if anyone would buy them

Apologies for my naff camera, it dosn't do justice to all the intricate detailing.

Any info or advice would be much appreciated.

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Hi Yvonne! I sell vintage linens and needlework and finished pieces can do well. Usually the older things sell better than the new, because they are often more complex designs, no polyester etc.

Unfortunately, a needlewoman never really gets back in money what she has put into the piece for her time, expertise, materials, framing etc..

But a very good "modern" piece can sell well too. I have had a needlepoint pillow with a pug on it sell for over $100. Just a newer import but cute.

So I think this beautiful set fits in with that kind of sale. Fairly new, but very well done, popular theme, all 8 in a set, beautifully framed and matted. Its the best set I have ever seen (of course in US, we don't get much w/ King Queen theme)!

Pricing? I don't know, might want to do your research on google and see if you can find a really really good piece of counted cross stitch, finished, framed, to get some idea about individual price. Use as baseline, the top priced one you can find in similar size, and then multiply that amount by at least eight? And then add a bit more for the set price too. I saw a set of Henry & the girls toby mugs sell at auction for about double the average price for just one because they were a complete set. So set is a factor too.

Maybe someone selling in the completed needlework section in crafts can give you a bit of input on pricing too.

Thread Information