Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YDC max amount start simplification

Default YDC max amount start simplification

Please can people give their views on having a rule change which simply says that the start bid is 99p, 99c etc

I have already given my views on this - not sure why it is being raised again - I am happy to start any YDC auction at the equivalent of 99p in my local currency! I usually go for 1.12 euros which is about the same at present! I am not prepared to list at 99 cents which is about 86p as my aim is to raise as much as I can for the charity concerned. There should be a level playing field. If this is changed I shall simply cease to take part in the YDC.

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    I have already given my views on this - not sure why it is being raised again - I am happy to start any YDC auction at the equivalent of 99p in my local currency! I usually go for 1.12 euros which is about the same at present! I am not prepared to list at 99 cents which is about 86p as my aim is to raise as much as I can for the charity concerned. There should be a level playing field. If this is changed I shall simply cease to take part in the YDC.
    Sorry, I could have explained it better, as that is not what I intended to come across.

What I am saying is that currently the rule states that the start price is 99p maximum or the local equivalent.

What I am suggesting to simplify things is when I do the announcement thread, is list each country's maximum start price, this is not suggesting that every country starts at 99 (what ever the currency) max start price

UK people seem to be happy (please correct me if wrong) that 99p is a good start price for UK auctions.

I'm simply asking for what people think would be a nice price to have as a maximum for their own country. This would help IMO as the exchange rate is always changing

So someone in the USA could say $1.50
    Canada $1.00
    Australia $2.00

etc

Sorry for not explaining clearer in post 1

The start price cannot be fixed for other countries if you fix the UK start at 99p. It needs to be flexible as exchange rates fluctuate. When I moved to France in 2006 £1 was worth 1.45 euros now it is only worth 1.13 euros.

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    The start price cannot be fixed for other countries if you fix the UK start at 99p. It needs to be flexible as exchange rates fluctuate. When I moved to France in 2006 £1 was worth 1.45 euros now it is only worth 1.13 euros.
    So given that, would you have an issue with me doing a currency check just before each announcement thread using http://www.xe.com/ and simply publishing the top amount for that YDC, yes it could go up or down, but I would imagine not by much in 5 days

All I am trying to do is simply make it clearer for countries other than the UK & USA as to the start price limit, which I hope will get more participants from other countries

Sarah,

Can I add my opinion to this please. I'm sure it got mentioned before.

Start bid 99p with a postage cost which is reasonable (uk)
    Start bid £1.50 without postage cost which is reasonable (uk)

Start bid $1.50 with postage cost which is reasonable(USA)
    start bid $2.27 without postage cost which is reasonable (USA)

Also I think all countries should have the chance to donate something for YDC not just the UK and USA
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

I have been listing new items which I have bought specially for the YDC at 5p with free worldwide P&P to encourage more people to join in - it has not worked.

I am not knocking all the folk who support the YDC by buying my items - just don't know what the answer is ....
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Why not just say start price must be under £1.00, save all the messing around with odd pence, easier if you want to do the conversion thing too.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    Also I think all countries should have the chance to donate something for YDC not just the UK and USA

Ahem - cough! Waves madly - it may have escaped your attention but I am in France?????????

Forum Diehard
    View gramma1111's Feedback (+746)
    All-About gramma1111
    View gramma1111's Listings
    Forum Posts

To the best of my knowledge we have all already been doing this. It has always been .99 pence and the equivalent in each person's country has been used. So what's the big deal. Why all of a sudden does everything have to be set in stone?

Thread Information