Thread: There is increasing demand for CANCEL ORDER option

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: There is increasing demand for CANCEL ORDER option

Quote Originally Posted by ChameleonSystems View Post
    I didn't say that...
    Sorry, you did. You said you needed the Cancel Order capability in order to comply with the law. You don't. You need it for other reasons - which I agree with. However, I also appreciate that incorporating such a facility into the existing eBid system may not be as simple as some would like to think.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Sorry, you did. You said you needed the Cancel Order capability in order to comply with the law. You don't. You need it for other reasons - which I agree with. However, I also appreciate that incorporating such a facility into the existing eBid system may not be as simple as some would like to think.
    You are probally right, but it would be nice if we were told this or reasons for not having this facility from management.

No, sorry I didn't.

My fault I should have made it clear.

Technically I have complied with the law by telling the buyer its ok we can cancel and I can refund if needed... but the transaction is still there. From the buyers perspective it could look like I haven't done what I said I would do. The buyer could rightly expect the transaction to disappear and think I didn't tick a box or take some action to completely remove it.

I agree, to add this to the eBid system is a big task. It involves a lot more than just adding an option to the actions list.

I am not trying to be hostile to eBid or anyone, just constructive.
    I remember everything, even what happened tomorrow.

games4mac ~ DragonsRest ~ DragonsRest Lounge ~ Windfall

Meet my avatar: Qu the engineer and enchanter. Who else could invent the armour piercing rabbit (can dig holes through anything) and the duck gun (fires rubber ducks)?
    Join me on eBid here.

God bless eBid and all who sale in her!

Forum Newbie
    All-About DiscountGaming
    View DiscountGaming's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have just had a customer buy 3 items instead of 1 by mistake. As there is no cancel option I deleted the after auction section and asked the customer to order 1 again. I had not sent the invoice so I presume he will not get reminders to pay for the original 3 items. I will probably lose £3 for 3 featured listings which is not fair. Does anyone know the correct way to cancel an order or amend it.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

DiscountGaming, email support@ebid.net & ask nicely for refund of your fees
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

We do desperately need a proper system for this. I have just had a timewaster buy an item and now says: “Is there some way i can get them without buying them as i dont have a paypal account. Please can you cancel the xxxxxxxxx as i havnt accepted to buy it.”

For this sort of buyer sending out 3 reminders and then doing a NPB seems overkill - far better if we can cut our losses and just cancel the transaction.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

still needed!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Newbie
    View megadiscounts's Feedback (+15)
    All-About megadiscounts
    View megadiscounts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Please can someone help

For examle:
    My customer was not home to accept delivery, already they have cost us over £25 in returns surcharges , now the goods are back with us they want a refund and to cancel order. Yet this website does not have a Returned or Cancel feature, which just seems absolutely ridiculous, Please can someone correct me on this and tell me how to cancel order through the website so i can re-claim my seller FVF's paid surely i have just not seen it on site.

Kindest Regards
    James

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

A bit tricky. You declare yourself a business and so the buyer has a right, under Distance Selling Regulations, to cancel the order within 7 days. The question is: Are eBid liable for the costs of you having to comply with DSRs? You made a sale via eBid and were paid. Therefore eBid have done everything that you paid them for. Should eBid reimburse the seller in this situation? Or is this simply one of the hazards (and costs) that a business has to bear? Discuss...

Forum Newbie
    Shilbottle, Northumberland, United Kingdom
    View gazlanna's Feedback (+802)
    All-About gazlanna
    View gazlanna's Listings
    Forum Posts

James / Megadiscounts - contact support@ebid.net and they'll sort you out.

Kimbo et al - In principle, I'm for the suggestion in the OP but think as a concept it needs fleshed out a bit - as a few have mentioned, simply having a cancel sale option is only part of the story. It also needs to have a subsystem for handling cancellations after payment, after despatch/delivery (i.e returned by delivery service or returned by customer) and so on.

Even major ecommerce website scripts and packages do not have this by default, it is normally an optional add-on module ... the general process and control is called an RMA system (Returned Merchandise Authorisation) and good ones include "in their remit" the handling of sales pre-payment and pre-despatch for those "instant" changes of mind, and finger-control problems.

However, if G&M were to go to the extent of including a half complete RMA system, it could leave things worse than they are now ... which is why I say it needs fleshed out a bit - don't want to replicate a greedbay kludge do we?

On the other hand, with such a system in place, I'd also like to see a prominent system for postponed despatch.
    OK, Mr Customer/Seller, you want to have a system for exercising your right to cancel a purchase sale, no problem, so lets just introduce a statutory cooling off period ... Sellers will be informed of the time/date you buy immediately , or win an auction, and the time/date you pay ... and then told to not despatch within 24 hours of the payment, but to wait for a 24 hour cooling off period before packaging for despatch .... unless you click this button and waive all rights to cancel - after all, it's an auction format sales offer, under which you have no right to cancel due to "change of mind" in the Distance Selling Regulations.

There, that should sort them out and drive the point home to people.

Thread Information