I have not given up
    I have now.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: There is increasing demand for CANCEL ORDER option

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I have now.
    Then I guess I'll have to try to remember to pursue it myself. Though I'm not sure our methods are the same. Thanks for trying.

Forum Newbie
    All-About Gwenna
    View Gwenna's Listings
    Forum Posts

dardonboi
    It was an item that wasn't up for bidding, it was a set price. There was a pop up. Again it didn't really make it like I couldn't stop buying it. It wasn't a complete confirm like I am used to, and well to be VERY sure what popped up I'd have to buy it again. lol I don't think I want to test that. I have learned in the Help section I have the right to cancel this order since it was a set price one. So I will be working with the seller. I am hoping it goes well since I "bought it" and literally 5 min later from looking realized it was a done deal, so I canceled it by asking the seller how do I cancel. Needless to say I will be EXTREMELY careful on this site on what I buy should I ever buy on here again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenna View Post
    dardonboi
    It was an item that wasn't up for bidding, it was a set price. There was a pop up. Again it didn't really make it like I couldn't stop buying it. It wasn't a complete confirm like I am used to, and well to be VERY sure what popped up I'd have to buy it again. lol I don't think I want to test that. I have learned in the Help section I have the right to cancel this order since it was a set price one. So I will be working with the seller. I am hoping it goes well since I "bought it" and literally 5 min later from looking realized it was a done deal, so I canceled it by asking the seller how do I cancel. Needless to say I will be EXTREMELY careful on this site on what I buy should I ever buy on here again.
    Guess I am silly but I always spend a lot of time reading before I use a site for the first time. Whenever I am the least bit uncomfortable with what I am seeing I back out until I can figure things out. What I was really asking was if my experience was unusual.

This has been going for a year and we still don't have an option to cancel a sale?

As a business I must comply with the law, I need to cancel a sale now. This customer is not from the UK, but the next one might be.
    I remember everything, even what happened tomorrow.

games4mac ~ DragonsRest ~ DragonsRest Lounge ~ Windfall

Meet my avatar: Qu the engineer and enchanter. Who else could invent the armour piercing rabbit (can dig holes through anything) and the duck gun (fires rubber ducks)?
    Join me on eBid here.

God bless eBid and all who sale in her!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChameleonSystems View Post
    As a business I must comply with the law, I need to cancel a sale now. This customer is not from the UK, but the next one might be.
    The only thing you need to do to comply with DSRs is to release the buyer from any obligation to complete the transaction or to refund if they have already paid. How is eBid preventing you from that compliance?

In a case where a buyer has simply changed his/her mind (which is, at least in the United States, a legally protected right), there is no straightforward way to cancel the purchase.

There is, however, a way out. Walk away. Don't pay.

I don't get a lot of NPB, but they are ALWAYS new eBid members. They may not even know they're going to get negative feedback and they probably don't care. Especially if they have never heard of eBid before. Of course, if they do it twice they get a line through their name and eBid sellers have forever lost that potential new buyer.

There seem to be a lot of threads complaining about non-paying bidders. I wonder if the inability to cancel a purchase is contributing to this problem?

View Naturelady's Feedback (+653)
    All-About Naturelady
    View Naturelady's Listings
    Forum Posts

I could have used this option just the other day. Buyer emailed me and said he purchased item by mistake. Of course, I said fine. But as far as feedback it is just hanging around...don't know how to deal with it...could leave a neutral and say purchase was canceled but not sure if that is etiquette.

Wow. I'm kind of dumbfounded that we don't have something like this in place already. I definitely think it's a necessity and should be a seller option only. I usually have a feeling one way or the other if someone is trying to scam me or just made a simple mistake and needs to cancel. I also think that putting a customer who isn't just a deadbeat nonpayer through the NPB process is very unfriendly and would definitely impact whether they wanted to come back here to shop again.

"The only thing you need to do to comply with DSRs is to release the buyer from any obligation to complete the transaction or to refund if they have already paid. How is eBid preventing you from that compliance?"

I didn't say that, what I mean is: it should be easy to cancel a sale for both parties. I have a sale I need to cancel from my sold items. The buyer is released from any obligation and they didn't pay. We need an easier way to just cancel and remove the sale from both parties records. If I can still see an unpaid item then I am sure the buyer can, to some people this serves as a reminder to pay/complete ... its irritating.
    I remember everything, even what happened tomorrow.

games4mac ~ DragonsRest ~ DragonsRest Lounge ~ Windfall

Meet my avatar: Qu the engineer and enchanter. Who else could invent the armour piercing rabbit (can dig holes through anything) and the duck gun (fires rubber ducks)?
    Join me on eBid here.

God bless eBid and all who sale in her!

Thread Information