Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: There is increasing demand for CANCEL ORDER option

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had a new to Ebid buyer purchase 3 of the same item and she only wants one....she paid immediately for one. I'd like to be able to cancel the other two 'orphans', but not sure what to do. Please put a cancel button on for the Seller . thanks.
    Person bought item A, and paid immediately. Then person bought 3 x item B, and paid for 1 item B immediately.

As it stands, as she is new, and I AGREE that it's possible to do the buy it now more than once without meaning to, I will just eat the FVF loss on the two items instead of giving her negative feedback. She initiated payment, paid immediately, and has responded quickly and politely to emails. I don't think this is a scam, so I don't want to penalize a potential new fan of Ebid.

So, I'm donating two FVF to da BOYZ so they can get a cuppa and get to work figuring out a CANCEL BID button for sellers. Thanks. and, oh, yes, I love you.
    Last edited by HerMajesty; 3rd February 2011 at 04:33 PM.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    A sale this evening included a mistake by the buyer. I certainly need to be able to cancel that sale - I do not want to send the payment reminders to this lady. She might take offence. She has already explained very politely that she was confused by the unfamiliar format of ebid listings.
    A perfect example of why we need this. The new member who wanted to cancel an order DID contact me, she was not a deadbeat, she didn't realize that I only had one of the item available and she wanted a set of four. Even though I explained why I had to send the payment reminders and mark her as a NPB, she was offended. I did change her feedback to neutral after the FVF was refunded, but I don't think that made any difference. She hasn't purchased anything here since then.

If I had been able to simply cancel the order and get my FVF back, eBid might very well have gained a new customer.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    A perfect example of why we need this. The new member who wanted to cancel an order DID contact me, she was not a deadbeat, she didn't realize that I only had one of the item available and she wanted a set of four. Even though I explained why I had to send the payment reminders and mark her as a NPB, she was offended. I did change her feedback to neutral after the FVF was refunded, but I don't think that made any difference. She hasn't purchased anything here since then.

If I had been able to simply cancel the order and get my FVF back, eBid might very well have gained a new customer.
    Has anybody checked recently that you still have to leave negative feedback? I know you used to (and my FAQ says as much) but I wonder if with the increase in trade (successful and otherwise) they are still checking or if we could drop that bit? Anybody know?

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

No idea - but I thought if I chipped in a cuppa coffee for da boyz, they might get moving on this. I'm not going to leave neg for this person. People make mistakes. I know.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

No, you don't have to leave negative feedback if you do a NPB - I did one recently, then left feedback a week later (got round to it) and the feedback nudged the buyer into paying so I changed the feedback and everybody's happy!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    No, you don't have to leave negative feedback if you do a NPB - I did one recently, then left feedback a week later (got round to it) and the feedback nudged the buyer into paying so I changed the feedback and everybody's happy!
    Excellent, thanks for the update - I'll adjust my FAQ.

Forum Lurker
    Kettering, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View the_iron_dwarf's Feedback (+171)
    All-About the_iron_dwarf
    View the_iron_dwarf's Listings
    Forum Posts

AAAAArgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just had a buyer get both items at £50 each in a listing who now says he only wanted one, dont know if I can do a NPB for just one of the two but suspect it has to be both or none.
    can we have a cancel sale thing soon please.

dont really want to have to do a npb thing to a buyer of a £50 item
    http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?wor...arch&type=user
    trying to get back up to 100+ listings ( I hope )

Default A Cancel Optionwould be helpful

Hi, I am basically a seller on ebid rather than a buyer .But customers do make mistakes .One chap today ordered the same thing twice (thought he was just browsing the details the first time and when he put in his order he realised he had actually made two orders.
    I sorted his problem by discounting half the item and postal cost to get his invoice back to the amount he wished to pay for the goods he actually wanted.
    I understand why ebid don't want a cancel option in order not to lose commission, but most people are honest and to be fair the fees on here are so competitive i doubt if anyone would bother for the few bob they would save over a month.
    If it were "Then over There" --then you could understand it as the fees are horrendous -sometimes feels like i'm paying for the U KNOW WHO's staff pension plan -all on my own
    Happy Trading ....
    Last edited by kendalkandystore; 9th February 2011 at 09:00 PM.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

A controlled method of cancelling sales is an essential requirement, in my opinion. So bumping this again.

Thread Information