eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: There is increasing demand for CANCEL ORDER option

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Point is! Is this an auction site or a High street shop?
    My attitude is 'if yer wanna buy then do it!'
    If yer a ditherer then go somewhere else, if yer a chancer or a crook then look out cos you'll get no sympathy from me!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    IMO. When the hammer goes down . . . you've bought it! It's an auction for God's sake!
    Why mess about? We have all bought bargains ....... or not!

Buyer beware!

(dont know the latin!)
    Caveat emptor.

I note you're listing as an individual, not a business, so the rules for you aren't quite as limiting. Though even when selling personal items I choose to apply business rules, simply because it provides what I consider to be a good level of customer service.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Classic example of where this is needed:

A charming buyer wants a banner, template and about me page. She has bought a banner & template package, an about me, and also bought a separate banner not realising it was included in the first item. So I've explained that and invoiced for the first two items and would dearly love to cancel the extra banner but can't. I'll just have to leave it hanging. I've had to explain using Q&A and will have to muck about with the left over item to make sure I don't accidentally invoice it or anything daft. A simple cancellation routine would have been cleaner and quicker.

Forum Diehard
    View lilused's Feedback (+183)
    All-About lilused
    View lilused's Listings
    Forum Posts

First, I know everyone is aginst handeling charges. But, as a seller, your time and effort must be worth something. If I went up town to buy something, came home and changed my mind, I still would have to return to town to return it. Most stores now give you an in-store credit. This is supposed to be an auction site, granted. (Still feel you bought it, it's yours) and I will ship it to you when I receive payment for it. If you change your mind, you will be responsable for return shipping. Lets face it, that is what happens in the real world. The buyer still has to pay their way to and from shopping. Personally, I still feel my time and supplies are worth a little something to me. Sometimes I cannot find enough re-cycled packing supplies needed, and have to buy new for a particular item. This costs me money, I feel sellers on auction sites do not have lots of extra money for this. We do want to do a little better then break even. Otherwise, why bother.

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View grahamec's Feedback (+532)
    All-About grahamec
    View grahamec's Listings
    Forum Posts

The following is my own point of view - If I were silly enough to order by mistake or order the wrong quantity then I would email the seller and explain and hopefully we would reach an amicable agreement however if not then I would pay up. After all it was my mistake.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lilused View Post
    First, I know everyone is aginst handeling charges. But, as a seller, your time and effort must be worth something. If I went up town to buy something, came home and changed my mind, I still would have to return to town to return it. Most stores now give you an in-store credit. This is supposed to be an auction site, granted. (Still feel you bought it, it's yours) and I will ship it to you when I receive payment for it. If you change your mind, you will be responsable for return shipping. Lets face it, that is what happens in the real world. The buyer still has to pay their way to and from shopping. Personally, I still feel my time and supplies are worth a little something to me. Sometimes I cannot find enough re-cycled packing supplies needed, and have to buy new for a particular item. This costs me money, I feel sellers on auction sites do not have lots of extra money for this. We do want to do a little better then break even. Otherwise, why bother.

All interesting thoughts, but I'm sorry I'm not sure where it fits in this suggestion? Is that for or against a cancellation option, or saying some additional aspect is needed in the feature if we get it? Sorry if I'm having a slow day!

Forum Saint
    All-About Pink_Panther
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    All interesting thoughts, but I'm sorry I'm not sure where it fits in this suggestion? Is that for or against a cancellation option, or saying some additional aspect is needed in the feature if we get it? Sorry if I'm having a slow day!
    I am against a cancel option. But an 'edit' sale details where Items bought in 'error' can be deleted is a completely different thing.
    I'd go for the latter but not the former.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am against a cancel option. But an 'edit' sale details where Items bought in 'error' can be deleted is a completely different thing.
    I'd go for the latter but not the former.
    I can't see any difference at all between removing a sale by cancelling it and removing a sale by editing it, but you can call it banana flambé as long as I can do it.

Forum Saint
    All-About Pink_Panther
    Forum Posts

As an option for a 'seller' there is no difference. However give the option to buyers, a lot of whom are 'impulse' buyers then things are very very different!

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

As an option for a 'seller' there is no difference. However give the option to buyers, a lot of whom are 'impulse' buyers then things are very very different!
    I don't believe I've ever said the option should be anything other than a seller action. If others have, that's their business.

Thread Information