Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: There is increasing demand for CANCEL ORDER option

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default There is increasing demand for CANCEL ORDER option

I'm not sure how or why people accidentally buy more copies of something than they want (it's never happened to me, thank heavens) but there does seem to be an increasing number of these accidental purchases.

I'm losing count of the number of threads asking where the cancel option is. But here are a couple I know of just lately:

http://meetup.ebid.net/showthread.php?p=1193018

http://meetup.ebid.net/showthread.php?p=1189633

http://meetup.ebid.net/showthread.php?p=1188325

Since a lot of this discussion is taking place outside the "suggestions" forum, I though it would be useful to have an "official" (using the term very loosely!) request in the proper place.

Please can we have an option to cancel all or part of an order?It would be useful to be able to cancel an order completely, or when on a Dutch Auction to say cancel X of Y items bought.

Thanks!

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I'm not sure how or why people accidentally buy more copies of something than they want (it's never happened to me, thank heavens) but there does seem to be an increasing number of these accidental purchases.

I'm losing count of the number of threads asking where the cancel option is. But here are a couple I know of just lately:

http://meetup.ebid.net/showthread.php?p=1193018

http://meetup.ebid.net/showthread.php?p=1189633

http://meetup.ebid.net/showthread.php?p=1188325

Since a lot of this discussion is taking place outside the "suggestions" forum, I though it would be useful to have an "official" (using the term very loosely!) request in the proper place.

Please can we have an option to cancel all or part of an order?It would be useful to be able to cancel an order completely, or when on a Dutch Auction to say cancel X of Y items bought.

Thanks!
    I would'nt want an option to cancel an order completely . . . I mean how do you accidently 'Buy' something?

Hitting the wrong key while entering the item ammount I can understand and should be adjustable down to one within say rwo hours of the auction.

View banrigh's Feedback (+2949)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    I would'nt want an option to cancel an order completely . . . I mean how do you accidently 'Buy' something?

Hitting the wrong key while entering the item ammount I can understand and should be adjustable down to one within say rwo hours of the auction.
    Totally agree. This should be an option for Sellers only. I can see a major issue with this option being available to buyers. I have enough NPBs as it is, and this could increase the count considerably.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would'nt want an option to cancel an order completely . . .
    I think this would be a good idea and is needed as buyers using a BIN from a UK Business Seller has the legal right to change their mind and cancel the order within a set period.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't know how they do it, but they certainly seem to manage it often enough. In the UK they have every right to simply change their minds with complete legal backing to do so, and business sellers need to respect that. So whatever we think of them we have to allow the reverse... thus a simple way of doing so would be welcome.

Perhaps a refinement to my suggestion would be to have "allow order cancellation" as a seller option? Or have it apply to business accounts only?

View banrigh's Feedback (+2949)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I don't know how they do it, but they certainly seem to manage it often enough. In the UK they have every right to simply change their minds with complete legal backing to do so, and business sellers need to respect that. So whatever we think of them we have to allow the reverse... thus a simple way of doing so would be welcome.

Perhaps a refinement to my suggestion would be to have "allow order cancellation" as a seller option? Or have it apply to business accounts only?
    I think it should be a seller option. I know there are different rules for online selling per country and in the US there are many sellers that are not businesses. So..all sellers should have the option to cancel upon the buyer's request. Google Checkout gives sellers the option to cancel, same should apply here.

I just think it opens up a fee evasion loophole

Personally those people trading as a business should know what the DRS's state in the UK and I am sure similar exist for other countries too.

If someone buys 2 items rather than 1, the business sellers should be aware that a customer can cancel all or part of the order.

No FVF should IMO be refunded if an order is cancelled as eBid did not stop the sale, the sale stopped either due to the buyer or seller requesting it stops.

At the end of the day I just think people are asking for a mutual withdrawal thing like on the other side, and I know it gets abused on there so no doubt it would too here.

Any out of pocket expenses should be taken up with the buyer if they ordered in error, but the DSR's will restrict this if it's a business seller.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    Don't agree. People who want to avoid fees can do so perfectly well using the current system - crooks are always ready to go to extraordinary lengths to avoid doing the right thing. This would simply make recognising that people can change their minds that much easier. I didn't actually mention fees at all - I've never claimed any fees back here. Claiming of fees could be made a separate step if you feel it's necessary.

To recap: adding a cancel option does not making anything possible that can't happen now - it just makes it less confusing and cleaner, and means new buyers and sellers are less likely to run screaming from the site when the first deal goes wrong and they can't find a way out.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post

Personally those people trading as a business should know what the DRS's state in the UK and I am sure similar exist for other countries too.

If someone buys 2 items rather than 1, the business sellers should be aware that a customer can cancel all or part of the order.

No FVF should IMO be refunded if an order is cancelled as eBid did not stop the sale, the sale stopped either due to the buyer or seller requesting it stops.

At the end of the day I just think people are asking for a mutual withdrawal thing like on the other side, and I know it gets abused on there so no doubt it would too here.

Any out of pocket expenses should be taken up with the buyer if they ordered in error, but the DSR's will restrict this if it's a business seller.
    I don't believe this is about claiming fees back, it is just a way to cancel the invoices on here. Is anybody that worried about about paying their fees here that they need to find ways to avoid them.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

IMO. When the hammer goes down . . . you've bought it! It's an auction for God's sake!
    Why mess about? We have all bought bargains ....... or not!

Buyer beware!

(dont know the latin!)

Thread Information