eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ninja rejecting pictures

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Did 6 to 8 entries. Bang - image not found. Exited NL, restarted, did another handul: bang - image not found. It does half-a-dozen or so then fails. Purely subjectively it seems as though each image load takes longer then finally one fails - maybe a timeout issue? Something not being cleared? Some stack building up and never being released until NL's closed?

Don't have the time or energy to track this one any further tonight. I'll take the booby prize on the item listing comp, okay?

Here's the method if you want to try reproducing it chaps...

I have a bunch of entries in NL that are copies loaded from a text file. I needed to alter each one to make it use the right image. Could have done it in the text file, but thought NL would be better (hey ho).

Double click entry to edit. Click choose next to image box to get up pics window. On first box select current entry and paste over URL of valid picture. Press tab to make new pic show. Save, save. Go to next line...

Double click entry to edit. Click choose, paste in URL then edit URL to increment picture name e.g. http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/s.../bogof_035.png becomes http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/s.../bogof_036.png and click tab to move cursor and make new picture show. Save, save.

Now repeat that half-a-dozen more times. Each time I press tab to get the picture up it *seems* to take longer (haven't timed it). Eventually after a handful or so it will fail. Nothing will then make it work until I close NL and restart.

Have fun. Goodnight.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

And when I finally manage to force all the images in with a crowbar and upload them... it sits here for so long I have to give up and kill it.

Now I really am going. Fresh day tomorrow... phew!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

File loaded without a hitch this morning, without me making any changes. Don't know if last night's failure was connected to the picture problem, or just a coincidence, but if I give you as much info' as possible, hopefully you'll manage to work it out!

Thread Information