eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just started to sell

Default not a problem

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    Vintage, great news! Those first sales are exciting and I will say I still get excited when I have a sale. I don't do the public happy dance anymore but I think new people need to see this to encourage them.

Please add me to your website too please.

I won't be any competition but I do think competition is good. It gives buyers more to look at and they are more likely to look at other things while here.
    Of course I will, I will do it later with the others that have asked and as I said competion or not I will add whoever wants to be added, as I say there are enough buyers out there, including of course sometimes us sellers.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

In case I didn't ask to be included, yes please

View bluejypsy's Feedback (+618)
    All-About bluejypsy
    View bluejypsy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VintageClothing View Post
    No worries I will add you to my website and hopefully together all of us can banish the dark side to eerrr the dark side...........Long live ebid, and I just sold three more jackets, since my first message about an hour ago, yippeeeee, MORE THAN The dark Side today, YEP I LOVE IT.
    Well done! I had 3 items sell to one customer yesterday and had a returning customer. I feel sales are picking up whether it is because people are feeling the pinch less or because they are at last finding eBid. Either way I don't mind they are coming and that is all that matters.
    Just think, sales and only a very small FVF bill at the end. Bring it on!

Special items for that special little person in your life.

Click here to visit Blue's Homemade Goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by bluejypsy View Post
    Well done! I had 3 items sell to one customer yesterday and had a returning customer. I feel sales are picking up whether it is because people are feeling the pinch less or because they are at last finding eBid. Either way I don't mind they are coming and that is all that matters.
    Just think, sales and only a very small FVF bill at the end. Bring it on!
    Good for you! Those multiple sales are great and if you can encourage people to buy two "and save", all the better.

You will be shocked at the size of the bill at the end of the month!!

Quote Originally Posted by VintageClothing View Post
    Not boasting but I wanted all others to know that slowly I am selling things, wanted to hopefully show others it can be done. What I did is email many people that I have sold to on the dark side. the emails are freely accessable on paypal, and what I did was email to say thank yu for a recent purchase made over there and themn point them to my store and to ebid in general, it worked like a treat, within one hour I sold an 80.00 jacket to a buyer from over there, and now I am getting emails and enquirees from many others, slow yes, make a living yet? well no, BUT MASSIVE Oak trees come from tiny acorns, let it grow. Stay with it folks, it is and will continue to turn around. I also have two free websites with links to help promotion, type free website in a search engine loads come up, really easy to do, then link like crazy, any one wanting to add their store link to my website let me know, and no I dont mind if we sell the same kind of stuff, there are enough buyers to go around.
    Excellent little grasshopper! That is not bragging, that is telling new people that the site is going strong and what they have to do to tweek listings and get sales. People need to know that with a little effort (and using different selling techniques), ebid works well and we grow daily. Last month the US site grew something like 195% and the UK site 98%.

Many of us have increasing sales, these last 3 months have been my best. I have about 480 listings, and am getting at least 5 sales a day. Sometimes get in the range of 10-15-20 per day. The 10-15-20 is close to what I did on feebay. I think that in six months many of us will be very closeto or at the amount we sold on feebay. Since google has even more users than feebay had members, the potential is here with the google linkage, to gain a lot of buyers. Add our website links to that too.

Please include me in your website. I don't sell clothing, but I would appreciate if you could squeeze me in somewhere.

I really love your enthusiasm, and willingness to try new strategies, give other sellers a helping hand up, and to let us know specifically what you are doing that is resulting in sales. Bravo.

Forum Lurker
    View shugirl74's Feedback (-1)
    All-About shugirl74
    View shugirl74's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good on you! I felt so encouraged when i read your post as I have yet to make a sale so will try the advice you gave. I also would love to be added to your website.

Default Many thanks

Thank you all for your kind words, I have added all to my website, at the moment because I am new to it the links are live and are hyperlinks but only the line, if that makes sense I cant seem to take images, yet, and make them hyperlinks, but I will, but everyone who asks gets on the links page and I can link to your stores so I know it is working. As I said sell what you will, I strongly think that the more sellers there are then the more customers there will be 'build it and they will come' kind of thing, So I have no problem adding sellers doing similar to me. One other thing to add, PLEASE do not think I know it all, yes I have been making a living over there for 9 years now, so I know a bit, BUT if any of you see something that I can do differently on my sales, just drop me a line, all advice is good. The other thing I do by the way apart from emailing all my previous buyers, which is easy using paypal as the email addresses are just there, and of course the websites which I also send to all the search engines, again done for free, is I join forums, and there are loads, if it is relevant I push ebid and if not then I jkind of crowbar the subject in and then push it. The fees over there are so obviously intended to get rid of smaller sellers in favour of the big corporate guys, I am shocked feebay doesnt actually encourage us all the advertise our ebid stores, so obvious it is they do not want us. Any way folk, keep the faith and sell sell sell because I for one truly think together we can make ebid as popular and as full as the other place.

Thread Information