eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is handmade in titles a turnoff?

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oaktreesports View Post
    How about "Custom Made". That always seems to look impressive.
    The word every one is looking for is 'BESPOKE' or Bespoke Fashions, Tailored just for you.
    Well that's more than one word, but you get the drift!

I don't see handmade as a dirty word and would include it in the title,- lots of people are looking for quality rather than mass produced in dubious circumstances
    "The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart" - Helen Keller
    My Store

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Why not call it 'Designer' and write your name on the front of it in crayon.

There seems lots of people stupid enough to pay ridiculous prices for such goods and carry around a walking advertisement for the maker as well.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Now you are talking. I shall go and edit all the prices by moving the decimal point to the right

Quote Originally Posted by amollenh View Post
    I've been making clothes etc. I have a cute purse and a shirt I just made that I want to list. Should I say in the title "Handmade tailored shirt" and "Handmade Purse"? Or am I best off just saying "Tailored Shirt", and "Purse"? or maybe, just maybe I could get away with saying "Hollie Purse" or Hollie Tailored Shirt" ? Thanks.

I sell hand crafted items in one of my stores and I have been fortunate enough to have 'custom orders' - both here on eBid. I think I know the other site that you refer to as I did try that one myself but over a set period of time I had no sales there but sales here. I can say that eBid works for me.

In some of the titles I use the wording hand made, or hand crafted - but I always use it in the description along with the details of the fabrics used ie cotton, satin, lace etc.

I hope that helps.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

I also list my items as Handcrafted..in fact one of my stores is called....Handcrafted by Stitchysyl/

It hasn't put people off buying from me.

View bluejypsy's Feedback (+618)
    All-About bluejypsy
    View bluejypsy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, I personally would not be put off with the words "Hand made" in the title but feel, as already mentioned that if there are other search words you could use this may be of more help to you. I have taken a look at your items and think as already stated that you should feel proud of your work.
    If you wish to put over better the quality of your work you could take close-up photographs of seams to show the quality of your finishing. You are able to have up to 5 photographs free so it wont cost you any extra. I have just started to take a close up of my fabrics to make it easier for my purchaser to see but I must admit I don't have the time to edit all my listings.
    I have "hand made" in my descriptions but not in all of my titles as there isn't always room. I have steady sales and returning customers which is always nice so there is a market out there for our talent.
    Good Luck

Special items for that special little person in your life.

Click here to visit Blue's Homemade Goodies.

Default Maybe try these

Quote Originally Posted by amollenh View Post
    I've been making clothes etc. I have a cute purse and a shirt I just made that I want to list. Should I say in the title "Handmade tailored shirt" and "Handmade Purse"? Or am I best off just saying "Tailored Shirt", and "Purse"? or maybe, just maybe I could get away with saying "Hollie Purse" or Hollie Tailored Shirt" ? Thanks.
    I think I would put CUSTOM or BESPOKE, As that is what they are, hand made is good but it sounds well hand made and for some reason doesnt sound as good as CUSTOM or BESPOKE, That is only an opinion, I just hope that whatever you put, you sell sell sell, I support everyone on this site and onl;y wish everyone well. GOOD LUCK.

View banrigh's Feedback (+2949)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hand tailored, one of a kind, usually works too.

Thread Information